MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2012-06-25, 09:24
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Soundproofing

I was thinking of adding some minimal soundproofing to my bedroom walls (all of my hot girlfriends cum way too loudly loll) but I have little money and no experience with anything of this nature.

I play guitar with my headphones on, but even so it's still audible enough to keep people in the next room(s) awake. The twanging of the strings and the buzzing from my headphones is pretty noticeable, especially late at night. The wall between me and the next room is a hollow sandwich consisting of plasterboard and wood struts/frame. That's the wall that needs attention, but I'm not sure if it's even feasible to just do one wall. Anyway, I don't mind nailing old blankets to the walls or whatever, but I'd rather know it'll work before I get out the hammer!

As I said, the amount of noise I'm trying to obliterate isn't that impressive; there are no crazy bass frequencies to worry about or the like. Just twangs and headphone-born buzzing from the distortion, and possibly cracks of the snare drum when I use a backing track.

I'd also like to be able to masturbate without my fucking ears being the most sensitive part of my body owing to the constant listening out for "stirring" from the next room. Fucking motherfuckers.

Cheers!

Old 2012-06-25, 12:51
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've done the carpet thing, but I can't really say how well it worked to be honest. I don't know how it is in Potato Land but I just drove around back of a carpet store and founds TONS of huge pieces of carpet that had been discarded and just took them.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2012-06-27, 07:21
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

In a pinch so that you can still piss you landlord off and still get your deposit back; used bed mattresses are an awesome sound proofing when used as walls.

The ideal is to get them, use them, leave no holes in the walls, and leave the mattresses. As a bonus it makes for a wonderful padded apartment environment.

Old 2012-09-05, 10:09
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Paddy, just throw a heavy blanket over you and the guitar. Don't mess up the wall. If it's hard to breathe you won't have to worry about the noise in the other room. All they'll hear is the thud when you hit the floor.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!