Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2010-04-12, 13:50
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

Repairing PA Speakers/Monitors

I have Behringer Eurolive PA.

In my last band i seemed to have "blown out my speakers"
one of them you can barely hear a little treble out of when the volume on the powermixer is turned all the way up and the other one is completely silent.

i've tried crisscrossing cables to both of the cabinets from both of the outputs on the mixer and only one of them can i get to make any sound whatsoever (and not nearly enough to be considered even working)

I've taken the monitors apart and from what I can see there is no physical damage, I see no burn marks or tears, the wiring looks alright from what I can see also.

The powermixer seems to be fine, as it can give off the test signal through the one speaker (very quietly i must add again)

What could be the problem?

please help, i need to get it up and running ASAP in order for my band to use our programmed drums and so that I can do vocals for practice.
We want to start playing shows soon but we can't even practice due to this set back.

Old 2010-04-13, 13:01
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

so someone's gotta know something about electronics I mean come on.

I took another look at it, and the one monitor that no sound comes out of whatsoever, the back peice, the circuit board which the output cable from the mixer connects to, looks completely fucked up and fried.

i'm thinking I should call behringer and see if i can replace the backs to my monitors?

Old 2010-04-13, 13:15
Amadeus
Quantum.

I've had something similar in my guitar amp; just a very feeble sound coming out, mainly in the treble range. In my case it was simple a case of wear and tear - some time with an ampmeter and a soldering kit put it right, but it's not something you should fiddle around with if you're not familiar with that kind of work. Plus, I don't even know for sure that you have the same problem, and if you have a fried circuit board you'll probably have to replace it anyway. Bottom line, when in doubt, let a professional take care of it.

"He preferred the hard truth over his dearest illusion. That, is the heart of science."
- Carl Sagan

"Imagination is more important than intelligence" - Einstein

Old 2010-04-13, 17:30
SuspendedByTheThroat
Senior Metalhead

well my father took a look at it with me last night, and we definatly saw some damage on the circuit board (my dad got some electronics certification way back in the day, so he sortaaakindaaa knows his stuff)