MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Bands

Old 2010-02-24, 15:29
Unanything
Post-whore

Fear Factory - Mechanize

Our thoughts? I didn't see a thread on this elsewhere.

I am in agreeance with most of the yaysayers on the album: that it's one hell of a comeback. For me, it combines and takes further the best elements of Demanufacture and Obsolete. Of course, you could reason from this that it's their best album and I think that could my opinion on it.

As playing through most of Fear Factory's catalogue forms basic practice for guitar, I have taken immediately to learning it. There is the small, redeemable frustration of not being able to play the 8-string parts (without use of my Whammy pedal). I like how Cazares has managed to not be pulled in (too much, at least) by the whole 'djent' style of playing.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2010-02-25, 23:42
Pr0az
Post-whore

Sounds like same old Fear Factory, which is always awesome.

Old 2010-02-26, 13:13
Gomli
ComeOutYeBlackAndTans!

Well then I have to take a listen. I really loved albums like Demanufacture

R.I.P moe

Old 2010-02-27, 14:34
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomli
Well then I have to take a listen. I really loved albums like Demanufacture

I recommend it, then.

Quote:
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2010-03-01, 07:50
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Hmm, I read the piece on them in Terrorizer and the journalist described the album as harking back to the the good ol' days. I always take such musings with a pinch of salt - especially given that it's bandied around frequently in relation to new material from classic bands and so infrequently confirmed upon listening - but if it's genuinely the case then I may have to make this my first Fear Factory purchase since the disappointing Digimortal.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2010-03-02, 15:03
Unanything
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Hmm, I read the piece on them in Terrorizer and the journalist described the album as harking back to the the good ol' days. I always take such musings with a pinch of salt - especially given that it's bandied around frequently in relation to new material from classic bands and so infrequently confirmed upon listening - but if it's genuinely the case then I may have to make this my first Fear Factory purchase since the disappointing Digimortal.

To again show my enthusiasm, it really does go back, but it's not familiar at the same time. I can imagine many Metaltabbers will be disillusioned with the band to the point that it has seemingly gone automatically overlooked.

It is my favourite music at the moment, to be honest.

Quote:

Quote:

Old 2010-03-03, 07:01
Def
Master Killer
Alumni Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
To again show my enthusiasm, it really does go back, but it's not familiar at the same time. I can imagine many Metaltabbers will be disillusioned with the band to the point that it has seemingly gone automatically overlooked.

It is my favourite music at the moment, to be honest.

I have been listening to Mechanize a fair ammount as well. Been a fear factory fan for years and I've seen them live a few times. Never expected them to come up with a decent cd again.

They got back to their roots and the mix is even better then their old cd's. Some riffs sound like Dino wants to put a broomstick up someones ass and break it off, just so mean!

For me it's just a fucking surprizing comeback.

Last edited by Def : 2010-03-03 at 07:04.