Old 2009-01-31, 20:52
corroded
Post-whore

I, Himself

Old 2009-03-10, 14:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

I really enjoyed these tracks, I especially liked the guitar tone. The lead parts aren't too over-the-top, which is always a plus

I noticed that you're looking for a vocalist; are these particular tracks instrumental or will there be vocals added to them at some point? I reckon you could go either way, they're interesting enough, but vocals would definitely open it up a bit more.

Good stuff, chief!

Old 2009-03-20, 13:51
corroded
Post-whore

Thanks for the reply Paddy

Yeah I am looking for a vocalist...haven't had much luck yet. This is not a "band" by any stretch of imagination...just want someone to collaborate on this 'project'.

Cheers \m/

Old 2009-03-21, 04:05
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

If you're down with collaborating with someone halfway across the world, I would be down.

Old 2009-03-22, 15:03
corroded
Post-whore

@Innards-Decay - Check PM

Old 2009-03-22, 19:53
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Looks like you already have a collaborator for the song I wanted to do with you. Do you anything else in the bank that sounds more like narsil? I really like that style, but their vocalist is horrible.

Old 2009-03-22, 20:57
corroded
Post-whore

Oye!

Well that blog post dates back to December last year and till now no one has actually recorded anything. More like Narsil...I'm assuming Transitions is what you had wanted?

Old 2009-03-25, 20:10
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Yeah, transitions is a pretty fucking good song. I'd have no problem laying a vocal track over it, just need some time to give it a few listens to come up with paterns for it.

Old 2009-03-28, 04:30
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

You guys definitely need to share whatever work you do here. Looking forward to it!

Old 2009-03-29, 10:18
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
You guys definitely need to share whatever work you do here. Looking forward to it!

Sure thing. You give my songs a listen at all?

Old 2009-03-29, 17:01
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innards-Decay
Sure thing. You give my songs a listen at all?
The only one I've seen is the "Snare Punishment" .gp5 one (although it appears to be several songs in one file). Do you have any recorded tracks?

I enjoyed the whole Guitar Pro track. I especially liked the "Decimtation of the Impaled" section (it's closer to my kind of metal haha). I see you like using drum kit 16 in GP. The kick sounds great with that kit, I use it quite a bit too.

I loved the part which starts at bar 349, where the bass comes in. I'd like to hear a recorded version if you have one

Do you have a MySpace page or anything?

Old 2009-03-30, 17:35
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
The only one I've seen is the "Snare Punishment" .gp5 one (although it appears to be several songs in one file). Do you have any recorded tracks?

I enjoyed the whole Guitar Pro track. I especially liked the "Decimtation of the Impaled" section (it's closer to my kind of metal haha). I see you like using drum kit 16 in GP. The kick sounds great with that kit, I use it quite a bit too.

I loved the part which starts at bar 349, where the bass comes in. I'd like to hear a recorded version if you have one

Do you have a MySpace page or anything?

I have a myspace of a song I recorded during my senior year. It's pretty much my favorite type of death metal, sloppy slam laden guttural madness. My vocals weren't as good back then, but feel free to check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/dessicated

My newer writings have yielded much more groovy and sludgy material. I just recently got back into the slam type of death metal. I used to be all about technical compositions and shit, but now I find the only thing of that sort I listen to anymore is Death.

Old 2009-03-30, 21:55
corroded
Post-whore

sent mail!!!

Old 2009-03-31, 05:19
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
"Sounds Like: Eating a bowl of broken glass intermixed with shit." hahaha I couldn't agree more I'm not usually into this sort of metal, but I quite liked this track. I think the drums could be a little louder, but other than that it's pretty fuckin' solid!

I've always wondered how you guys can sing like that for extended periods of time and not be in extreme pain/discomfort. I presume it takes quite a bit of practice!

Good shit, keep it comin'

Old 2009-03-31, 16:01
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
"Sounds Like: Eating a bowl of broken glass intermixed with shit." hahaha I couldn't agree more I'm not usually into this sort of metal, but I quite liked this track. I think the drums could be a little louder, but other than that it's pretty fuckin' solid!

I've always wondered how you guys can sing like that for extended periods of time and not be in extreme pain/discomfort. I presume it takes quite a bit of practice!

Good shit, keep it comin'

I've been doing it for about 6-7 years now, so you learn how to make your voice handle it. Basically, I try to sing around or "through" my vocal cords and use my diaphram entirely. Those vocals were completely adlibbed in one take though, so definetely not my best performance.

Old 2009-03-31, 16:36
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Those vocals were completely adlibbed in one take though, so definetely not my best performance.
Shit, if that's how you sound when you're winging it I can't wait to hear what you can produce when you're giving it your all!

Old 2009-03-31, 18:36
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
Shit, if that's how you sound when you're winging it I can't wait to hear what you can produce when you're giving it your all!

I've been giving Transitions some listens to figure out the pattern to the song. It would help if corroded made a tab or something in GPro so I could get a better hold of the sequencing of the song. Some introspective lyrics are definetely going to go well with it though.

Old 2009-04-01, 02:46
corroded
Post-whore

A GP tab would be difficult for the time being...the song structure is pretty simple. The breakdown at 00:59 is 5/4 - 5/4 - 4/4, 5/4 - 5/4 - 6/4 and the whole pattern twice. Rest everything is 4/4 (except for 1 little 7/8 at around 2:16)

And new song up on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/dimensionlost

Old 2009-04-01, 18:33
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by corroded
A GP tab would be difficult for the time being...the song structure is pretty simple. The breakdown at 00:59 is 5/4 - 5/4 - 4/4, 5/4 - 5/4 - 6/4 and the whole pattern twice. Rest everything is 4/4 (except for 1 little 7/8 at around 2:16)

And new song up on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/dimensionlost

Yeah, giving it a listen right now. Not really my style, but I'm sure I could lay some vocals over it, I'm getting some ink done this weekend, but I'm sure Ill have time to lay some vocal tracks.

Corroded, would you rather have me record just vocal tracks so you can mic them in yourself, or do you want me to just record over your track?

Old 2009-04-01, 19:41
corroded
Post-whore

@Innards-Decay: I would need the vocals as separate mono tracks (individual tracks in if you plan to do some layering...wav or mp3) so that I can put them on top of the mix.

Old 2009-04-01, 21:28
Innards-Decay
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by corroded
@Innards-Decay: I would need the vocals as separate mono tracks (individual tracks in if you plan to do some layering...wav or mp3) so that I can put them on top of the mix.

Ok sweet, that makes it alot easier for me. I should have them to you sometime before the 8th. If not, definetely before may.