MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2009-01-04, 17:37
rockdude
New Blood

Thumbs up Boss Multi effect troubleshooting help

Hi guys, i have a ME-10 i bought used about 5 years ago which was working fine for about 3 years, then one day i was playing and all of a sudden there was no sound,,,ever since that day i can't hear anything ,NO even thru the headphones , there are lights on the patches and effect buttons and all the programs switch just fine when pressing any pedal but no sound can be heard at all,,,i checked the user's manual troubleshooting but nothing there worked...could it be the lithium battery inside the pedalboard ?

please help....

any suggestions ?

Old 2009-01-07, 10:06
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdude
Hi guys, i have a ME-10 i bought used about 5 years ago which was working fine for about 3 years, then one day i was playing and all of a sudden there was no sound,,,ever since that day i can't hear anything ,NO even thru the headphones , there are lights on the patches and effect buttons and all the programs switch just fine when pressing any pedal but no sound can be heard at all,,,i checked the user's manual troubleshooting but nothing there worked...could it be the lithium battery inside the pedalboard ?

please help....

any suggestions ?

If all the lights are on, then your problem isnt power. Are you using a power adaptor of have you been using batteries for 3 years?

Its most likely a loose or broken connection on the guitar input jack. Unless you are handy with a soldering iron you may want to take it to a tech to have it looked at.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2009-01-08, 14:30
rockdude
New Blood

BOSS guitar effect issue

The unit does not use a power adaptor, it has a built-in cable that's plugged into the wall outlet, in addition to that, there's a 3v Lithium CR 2032 battery inside the unit which i removed recently but made no changes at all, lights are still on when plugged into wall outlet and turned on but no sound yet.

How would i know if it's a loose or broken connection ?.

Has anyone had a similar problem with your guitar multi effect? if so , let me know what the problem was and how it was solved.

Thanks

Old 2009-03-27, 21:58
Reggy
New Blood

just to say i'm in the exact same position.. i think.
i've had an me-10 for a while now, suddenly no sound through the input BUT the tuner still works
the tuner doesn't use a mike, it definitely works through the input so it must be the output part. does the tuner work for you?

Old 2009-03-28, 17:05
the_bleeding
Post-whore

yo buddy, this thread is 3 months old, and by the way things look around here, OP probably isnt coming back.

As for you, i'd check if the output jack is loose.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2012-01-01, 22:43
freshtunes
New Blood

OK....i had the exact same problem and wanted to post the solution that worked for me:

essentially you need to Initialize All Patches:
Turn power Off
While holding the "Down Bank Pedal" turn the power back on. "FPL" will show in the display. Release the Down Bank Pedal.
Press the "Write" button.

basically it's like a factory reset. worked like a charm for me.
Hope this works for you
Jesse

Old 2012-01-01, 23:54
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

A few years late, but thank for posting it.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery