MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Metal > Composition

Old 2008-09-27, 06:02
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Mesozoic Madness

This is a rough draft of a song tentatively titled "Deinonychus". This is mostly for Dylan, but all are encouraged to leave feedback.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1809100

Mirrors
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=20322
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GUC600OK
http://www.zshare.net/download/1950120259b6f05d/

Old 2008-09-27, 21:31
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I dig it.

If its alright with you, I'd like to drop the tunning down to D and add some more flare to the acoustic guitar part (not sure what I'd do yet). I could easily add a lead and the bass. Drums would be pretty straight forward, something very tight with the patterns complementing the speedy riffs. I've also got some cool ideas on riff variations and what not.

As for the vocals, I'm a pretty decent singer and scream/schreecher but my growls aren't anything special. I don't think I have anything online and I'm too lazy to upload anything so here is a link to that quick song I made making fun of that 'iwrestledabearonce' band which should give you a basic idea of how the quality would sound (though noticeably better as since I didn't EQ any of the instruments on that and it was all the first or second take) and a sample of what my screams sound like. I have some friends that can growl pretty well, so I could have them come in if need be.

I'm scoring something for a friend, so I figure I'll get started on this as soon as I finish that up which I'll hopefully be done with by Sunday.

Give me a blowjob and I'll make this top priority! I won't even feed my dogs!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2008-09-28, 03:52
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

The acoustic parts can definitely be extended. They were actually about half this long until I added a couple more figures and varied the ones that were there.

I'm going to do the bass myself, but I'm still giving you the version w/out the bass so you can show me how you would have done it, which will probably be a lot better than mine. I'd like to hear your ideas for riff augmentation or cleaning up, too. The prechorus riff is still something I haven't made up my mind on; you'll notice it's very short the first several times and very extended the last time. If you have any ideas for that, I'd like to hear them.
Attached Files
File Type: ptb Deinonychus (no bass).ptb (37.8 KB, 149 views)

Old 2008-09-28, 05:56
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Alright, I just finished up the bass. It can definitely be improved, but I needed to do this if only for the practice.
Attached Files
File Type: ptb Deinonychus (bass).ptb (51.0 KB, 151 views)

Old 2008-09-28, 06:15
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
As for the vocals, I'm a pretty decent singer and scream/schreecher but my growls aren't anything special. I don't think I have anything online and I'm too lazy to upload anything so here is a link to that quick song I made making fun of that 'iwrestledabearonce' band which should give you a basic idea of how the quality would sound (though noticeably better as since I didn't EQ any of the instruments on that and it was all the first or second take) and a sample of what my screams sound like. I have some friends that can growl pretty well, so I could have them come in if need be.

I'm digging the quality of the file. It's not perfect, but far better than I thought any of my ever stuff would ever get. The thought that it will sound better than that EQ wise is even more encouraging.

For vox, I'm glad you're a better singer/screecher than growler. I'd infinitely prefer a thin rasp reminiscent of Atheist (esp. Elements era w/effects) to the DM growls of most of the bands I listen to. Even a thrashy rasp like Slayer or Metal Church would be great. Alternatively, something a bit cleaner like Dark Angel or any similar band would suffice, if that's what you or whoever sings is comfortable with. Of course, my music doesn't sound much like Atheist, so maybe Atheist-style vox aren't in order. I'll trust your judgment to fit a proper vocal style with the music.

How fast can you or your friends sing? Just so I know when I'm writing lyrics whether to stay with something mid paced or whether I can cram it in like old Slayer/Pestilence.

Old 2008-10-08, 21:05
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Alright, I finally finished a lyrical rough draft and have settled on a name for the song (which I was pretty sure I was going to go with all along). The song has changed a little as a result of the lyrics.

This still isn't close to finished. Once Dyldo sends me his ideas for riff variations, the acoustic section, and a different bass score, this will be a bit different. I'm fairly certain I'll go with his bass score over mine. I'm also toying around with the idea of adding more stops to the song for bass fills. In the meantime, this is the updated work.

Lyrics are in the PT file.
Attached Files
File Type: ptb Sickle Claw Slaughter.ptb (54.9 KB, 143 views)

Old 2008-10-24, 12:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rezendes
This is a rough draft of a song tentatively titled "Deinonychus". This is mostly for Dylan, but all are encouraged to leave feedback.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1809100

Mirrors
http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=20322
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GUC600OK
http://www.zshare.net/download/1950120259b6f05d/

The part starting at bar 33 is the coolest riff I've heard in years

Old 2008-10-24, 15:34
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
The part starting at bar 33 is the coolest riff I've heard in years

I appreciate the feedback. Bars 33-39 represent the chorus, along with bars 16-21, 84-89, and 131-136. The updated .ptb includes the lyrics, if anyone is curious.

Old 2008-11-03, 18:57
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

I updated the bass track and experimented with percussion. The eventual drums probably won't sound anything like this. This is my first time goofing around with drums, so I'd appreciate any feedback.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Sickle Claw Slaughter drums 1.0.gp5 (81.8 KB, 132 views)

Old 2008-11-04, 19:13
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
I updated the bass track and experimented with percussion. The eventual drums probably won't sound anything like this. This is my first time goofing around with drums, so I'd appreciate any feedback.

I have guitar pro 5, I dont know why I can't open this

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-11-05, 07:27
Chris Rezendes
Attorney at Bird Law
Forum Leader

Here's a midi; for some reason the forum won't allow me to upload a file that has already been uploaded in the thread.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sickle Claw Slaughter drums 1.0.zip (4.6 KB, 126 views)

Old 2008-11-06, 00:14
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

drums sound fine to me.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2009-03-10, 14:50
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Quote:
Here's a midi; for some reason the forum won't allow me to upload a file that has already been uploaded in the thread.
My aforementioned favourite riff sounds so much better with drums They're very well written, overall. They augment the clean section nicely, too; very restrained, nothing too obnoxious or "for the sake of it", and that seems to be the case in general. The fact that this is your first real attempt to create a drum track gives it even more credibility!

The bass is purty, as well. Again, the clean section is complimented well by it.

Good work chief. Any chance of a recorded version?