MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Tabs > Tab Questions & Requests

Old 2008-07-05, 20:37
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Can't Submit Tabs

I posted about this last week in the feedback forum, and deleted the thread after no one replied and just assumed that the problem would disappear, but unfortunately it hasn't.

Basically, I can submit tabs, but a new thread isn't created in the Pending Tabs section thereafter, meaning the tab is never seen/validated by the mods. It just sort of disappears into the void. The URL I get after submitting the tab leads nowhere. The links is as follows:

http://metaltabs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=

I've tried submitting a new tab, and an update to an old tab, and I get the same problem each time. I've tried using Firefox and Internet Explorer (even the x64 version). I've tried using my brother's PC, too. It seems like my account, specifically, is the problem rather than my system or the website (the website must be fine because I've seen other tabs posted over the past week).

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? Like I say, it's been going on for a little over a week now. The problem would happen occasionally in the past, and a single resubmission attempt would correct it, but not this time.

Cheers dudes.

Old 2008-07-07, 09:17
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

I'm having the same problem now as Paddy is.
I'm trying to submit a tab for Suffocation - Anomalistic Offerings.
A new thread isn't being created under the Pending Tabs section. I'll try submitting the tab from work tomorrow and see if that does anything.

EDIT ::: Nope, that didn't work either. I get the same empty link also.

Last edited by Sycophant : 2008-07-07 at 20:11.

Old 2008-07-08, 07:28
nomad
round the world
Administrator

Please try again, should be working now.

Old 2008-07-08, 07:48
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

Happy days, I just submitted a new tab and a correction

Cheers mate.

Old 2008-07-08, 15:18
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Thanks so much for fixing this!

Old 2009-10-11, 11:32
Paddy
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

BUMP! BAAAAAA!

The same problem seems to have arisen again. The last couple of guitar tabs I've submitted have gotten as far as creating a new thread in the Pending tabs forum, but the tab itself doesn't seem to be showing up. Strangely, it only happens with guitar tabs and you can see the first line of the tab when you hover your mouse over the thread title, so it seems to exist on the system somewhere.

Today I tried submitting a different guitar tab and hit the same problem I had in the first post of this thread, that is, no new Pending Tabs entry is created at all. I tried resubmitting all of the problematic tabs but the same thing happens each time.

Work your magic, nomad!

EDIT: I've got 4 guitar tabs which have been sitting on my desktop for a few weeks now, all of which give me the error in the first post of this thread, i.e. no new thread is created in the pending tabs forum. Very weird.

EDIT #2: 4 months later and I still can't post the fuckers. RAAAAA!

EDIT #3: Sorted. Cheers nomad!

Last edited by Paddy : 2010-06-21 at 13:32.