MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Vocal Zone

Old 2008-06-22, 02:15
Metalhead498
New Blood

Unhappy Experimenting with Screaming

Hello everyone,for my little band I started to do screaming(yes I have seen Zen of Screaming) Deathgrowls,Screamo screams,Hardcore screams,Black metal screams my own little version of Melissa's scream and I exhale my friend who also knows how taught me
I started 2 months ago and have noticed that the spot my adams apple is has grown 7 times in size (i'm a skinny guy) but it sticks right out and not even when I'm not looking up you can poke the bone and I get alot of mucus way to much I don't smoke or drink or do any of that shit I tried gargling salty warm water but it fills up in 5 minutes and it's interferes with my singing it sounds way less clear and my breathing is screwed up I am always short of breath I don't drink lots of milk and try to drink lots of water and my voice hurts at times when I'm not even screaming it has been like this for a month please help me I want my voice back it doesn't hurt when I scream

Old 2008-06-22, 03:08
Synthos
New Blood

I wouldn't be worried about your adam's apple that sounds like normal puberty growth (I'm assuming you're in your teens).

If you're are seriously worried however, and you have socialized medicine you could go see a doctor about it. If no to either of the above maybe record what you're doing and I might be able to tell you if you're doing it wrong.

Are you using your diaphragm and making sure your air flow support comes from your gut?

Old 2008-06-22, 04:02
Metalhead498
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthos
I wouldn't be worried about your adam's apple that sounds like normal puberty growth (I'm assuming you're in your teens).

If you're are seriously worried however, and you have socialized medicine you could go see a doctor about it. If no to either of the above maybe record what you're doing and I might be able to tell you if you're doing it wrong.

Are you using your diaphragm and making sure your air flow support comes from your gut?
I scream from my diaphragm not my throat I'm 17 andI have a bump which is about 1 and a half inches thick.