BORN OF OSIRIS

PSYCROPTIC

WHITECHAPEL

Vader and Aborted I want to see, I dont know about the rest though

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2008-03-14, 05:58
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

That is a pretty sick lineup, its a shame Cryptopsy sucks now. Most of those other bands I would love to see though. The token hardcore bands are even the top-end ones in my book. Overall awesome, hopefully Ill be going.

Old 2008-03-14, 06:39
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

i think Vader should be headlining that shit. ill be going to this!

Old 2008-03-14, 06:44
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

ehhh, alright lineup. I guess just in the context of Paganfest, Dream Theater/Opeth, and New England Death Fest all coming up, it's not as exciting as it would otherwise be for me. and fucking christ BDM are whores. I must have seen them at least three times a year for the past two years because they tag on to nearly every big show that comes through here and it's getting a little old because the venue has terrible acoustics.

edit: I definitely agree that Vader should be headlining. They're pretty much the highlight for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-03-14, 06:50
YOUR_GOD_IS_DEAD
Post-whore

aaahhh you live in mass. i wish i had the money to travel over there to go to that NE Deathfest!

Old 2008-03-14, 06:58
Me himself
Supreme Metalhead

you got five months to save up some loot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOB_ZE_METALLEU
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalXampire
Everyone is wrong.

Old 2008-03-14, 16:33
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Wow, Whitechapel is on the bill? I remember when they were a local band.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Old 2008-03-14, 20:06
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
bands are....

THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER

KATAKLYSM

THE FACELESS

DESPISED ICON

ABORTED

PSYCROPTIC

WHITECHAPEL

pretty good line up.

Old 2008-03-15, 22:13
Hidrio
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
PSYCROPTIC

Would like to see them!

Old 2008-03-18, 20:28
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Hell yeah, Psycroptic is amazing... a huge draw for me.

Old 2008-05-01, 02:17
Requiem
Post-whore

Such a great line up! I'm going with some friends.

Anyone going to the show in Dallas?

Old 2008-06-06, 08:53
deadnight_warrior
Senior Metalhead

pretty good line up im looking forward to it, july 28th, too bad cryptopsy fucking sucks now

Old 2008-06-07, 07:05
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadnight_warrior
pretty good line up im looking forward to it, july 28th, too bad cryptopsy fucking sucks now

As pointed out, you'll still hear some of the good old material, they haven't abandoned it

Old 2008-06-07, 10:29
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

ive seen them at neurotic death fest a week ago. they didnt disappoint me, but it wasnt as good as with worm. plus alex is bald now

Old 2008-06-08, 03:19
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By Monkeys
That is a pretty sick lineup, its a shame Cryptopsy sucks now. Most of those other bands I would love to see though. The token hardcore bands are even the top-end ones in my book. Overall awesome, hopefully Ill be going.

The fact that you call low-tuned, cheesy metalcore "hardcore." Wow.

I'm most excited to see Psycroptic. I know the dudes from Whitechapel and BDM, so I'll end up hanging out talking shit for part of the night.

If anyone goes to any dates before the 25th, PLEEEEASE post how the Cryptopsy setlist was. I think they know that the new material isn't as well received as they might've hoped; so either they are going to alienate their old fans and appease possible new ones, or they'll play a good mix. Neither would surprise me honestly.

ps, everyone heckle Despised Icon. They blow. Born of Osiris is more or less a 'scene trash' band, but their drummer has awesome footwork. Pay attention to their drummer.

Awesome.

Old 2008-06-08, 04:43
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
The fact that you call low-tuned, cheesy metalcore "hardcore." Wow.

So basically you insult me for the bands I was referring to and then compliment the same ones in your post? Besides despised icon it looks like you support them all as well. I know what the fucking difference is between genres, I just wasn't being a fag about it. Those bands are -core influenced. Good going, champ!

Old 2008-06-09, 05:30
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
So basically you insult me for the bands I was referring to and then compliment the same ones in your post? Besides despised icon it looks like you support them all as well. I know what the fucking difference is between genres, I just wasn't being a fag about it. Those bands are -core influenced. Good going, champ!

You completely missed any point I made there, champ.

You called bands that are clearly down-tuned, shitty metalcore HARDCORE. It has nothing to do with supporting them, but while I'm on that, Whitechapel is the only one I'll 'support.' BDM isn't anything -core, and if you'd like to argue that, I'll refer you to this post by john.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmansley
Black Dahlia Murder are melodic death metal. I fail to see how this isn't obvious. Maybe somebody who believes them to be metalcore could draw a comaprison with bands such as Killswitch Engage, Caliban, et al and let me know how BDM fall in the same category.

hardcore = Floorpunch, Outbreak, Reign Supreme, etc.
deathcore = anything -core on this bill.
metalcore = Martyr AD, Poison the Well, Shai Hulud.

Awesome.

Old 2008-06-09, 22:22
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Ok see, I don't even disagree with anything you said there. You're just being touchy about some stupid labels. Around here all -core bands are lumped into the name hardcore because I doubt theres a band around here without metal influence. The difference is pretty obvious, and you knew exactly what I was talking about in my original post, so you're just obsessing over genres.

Old 2008-06-10, 02:12
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

Quote:
Ok see, I don't even disagree with anything you said there. You're just being touchy about some stupid labels. Around here all -core bands are lumped into the name hardcore because I doubt theres a band around here without metal influence. The difference is pretty obvious, and you knew exactly what I was talking about in my original post, so you're just obsessing over genres.

I'm obsessing about the difference between hardcore and metalcore. Two different things, whether you enjoy them or not. Either way I don't really care, just pointing it out.

Awesome.

Old 2008-06-16, 22:07
7-string warlord
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
Such a great line up! I'm going with some friends.

Anyone going to the show in Dallas?

I am! I am going for Aborted, Vader, Black Dahlia Murder (big shit in the woods if you hate em), Kataclysm, and Psycroptic

couldn't give half a shit for despised icon though....

Old 2008-06-17, 22:44
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-string warlord
I am! I am going for Aborted, Vader, Black Dahlia Murder (big shit in the woods if you hate em), Kataclysm, and Psycroptic

couldn't give half a shit for despised icon though....

Sweet.

The only shit band there is Cryptopsy. haha

Old 2008-06-24, 02:44
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

all access passes to two shows (Philadelphia, 6/25 & Sayreville NJ, 6/28). If anyone else is going to either date, let me know.

Will post links to photos from both dates as soon as I get them edited.

Awesome.

Old 2008-07-15, 07:42
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Well the show in San Diego was a good experience

Missed Psycroptic because we couldnt find the fucking venue. God damn i was pissed. and then born of osiris was pretty much bro hardcore shit live, so it was a gay first band to see.

Aborted was intense, good mosh and a decent wall of death.

The Faceless lost their keyboard player. What the fuck? Sounded really weird and played slow, but still pretty fun.

despised icon is really really gay

Cryptopsy played this funny sound clip as their opener. It makes fun of us, go listen to it on their myspace. Otherwise they actually played an amazing set, they played no singalong songs and stuck to old stuff mainly. and WALL OF DEATH TO PHOBOPHILE INTRO = highlight of the night.

Kataklysm has the attitude of an east coast hardcore band but plays death metal?

And Black Dahlia played a fun set as expected

So overall a good show chaps

Old 2008-07-19, 15:43
Dissection
bugfucker strikes back.

WHAT? You actually ENJOYED Cryptopsy? They've gotten so sloppy, even with their old stuff. There's absolutely no feeling left in any of it. Vocalist is shit. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I'm usually at least open minded about 'changes.'

Recap of philly show:

Missed part of Whitechapel because the venue started the band right when they started letting kids in. The hell?

Was too busy sorting out my all-access trouble during Psycroptic, but I managed to catch The Colour of Sleep. So good. Bought a shirt.

Aborted was actually really fucking good. I was surprised.

Faceless was amazing. Could've sworn they had their keyboardist when they played philly, but I could be wrong?

I enjoyed the weather outside for Despised Icon. Brocore. Same with Born of Osiris. Neither band should've been on this tour.

Cryptopsy was the single worst band at the show. Yes. Worse than DI or Born Of Osiris. Bring back Lord Worm, bring back old Cryptopsy. Starting their set with that intro was tacky and stupid, and proves they are trying to make up for going in a bad musical direction. I hope they have fun on the Hot Topic bargain bin. Lost so much respect for this band, after worshiping them for years.

Kataklysm and Vader killed it.

Saw BDM with nearly the same set list in January, plus/minus a song or two, and a half an hour longer. So I was kind of just ready to leave.

Awesome.

Old 2008-07-19, 20:10
Death By Monkeys
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissection
WHAT? You actually ENJOYED Cryptopsy? They've gotten so sloppy, even with their old stuff. There's absolutely no feeling left in any of it. Vocalist is shit. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I'm usually at least open minded about 'changes.'

Well I basically stood there and stared for anything not off None So Vile. You are right about the bits of sloppiness but there is no way I can't enjoy the music from that album. I have never seen them live before so I'm guessing I missed out on something much better in the past?

I was also planning on buying a Psycroptic shirt but they were sold out of pretty much everything! The one I wanted, I think the album cover one, they only had hoodies for. Maybe I'll get it online

Old 2008-07-26, 06:05
TheTrueAceofSpades
New Blood

Well I missed Whitechapel and Psycroptic. (which was the main reason I went), but Aborted had just started when I got there and they did a good fucking job. The Faceless were fun. Vader killed(seriously). Kataklysm's set started great but kept going downhill from there.

It was utterly depressing to watch Cryptopsy though. The lack of anybody caring for them at all in the entire venue and the fact that they looked pathetic. Not to mention the dreadful new vocalist. I stood outside the venue during Black Dahlia as my ride didn't feel like leaving, but I had some interesting conversations with other people. I defiantely feel incomplete though by missing both Whitechapel and Psycroptic. Luckily they're both going to come back in the fall so no big deal I guess.

Old 2008-07-26, 17:59
7-string warlord
Post-whore

I missed the entire fucking concert...so there.

I was really planning on going then my friend sends me a message on myspace like, "did you go to summer slaughter?" I thought the show was sometime in August....so I completely missed out. But then I got my hopes up because Carcass is coming to Texas...but only Austin...which is five hours away....

Old 2008-07-26, 21:31
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrueAceofSpades
Well I missed Whitechapel and Psycroptic. (which was the main reason I went), but Aborted had just started when I got there and they did a good fucking job. The Faceless were fun. Vader killed(seriously). Kataklysm's set started great but kept going downhill from there.

It was utterly depressing to watch Cryptopsy though. The lack of anybody caring for them at all in the entire venue and the fact that they looked pathetic. Not to mention the dreadful new vocalist. I stood outside the venue during Black Dahlia as my ride didn't feel like leaving, but I had some interesting conversations with other people. I defiantely feel incomplete though by missing both Whitechapel and Psycroptic. Luckily they're both going to come back in the fall so no big deal I guess.

You're upset about missing those bands?

Old 2008-07-27, 04:48
TheTrueAceofSpades
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFarewelltoKings
You're upset about missing those bands?

Like I said, it's no big deal. I'll be seeing them soon anyways.