MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Gear & Recording

Old 2008-01-04, 01:50
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

V-Amp Mastodon settings

Lately I've been getting into Mastodon a lot and I also just got a V-Amp Pro in. I just need some help getting some settings for Mastodon especially March of the Fire Ants sound. I need help because I don't usually listen to bands like Mastodon more into an extreme sound (ie. Dying Fetus) so I'm finding trouble dialing in their sound. Also, on a side note anyone know any extreme death metal settings or any Impaled/Ghoul settings on it? I can probably figure DF and Impaled out from messing with it since I have a good ear for that, but while I'm asking about Mastodon why not.

Old 2008-01-05, 05:53
the_bleeding
Post-whore

march of the fire ants is APPARENTLY done with a stock jcm800 being driven by an Ibanez TS 808. If the v-amp has models for those, i'd try them.
I was very bemused as a youngster watching the Golden Girls when Blanche said she was going to "spank her fanny" I had visions of a geriatric vertical bacon sandwich red and bruised from being disciplined!!!

Old 2008-01-05, 07:28
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

Auyard, I may be tripping but... didn't you have a Ampeg VH140c or something?
Just use more mids and slightly less treble, that's pretty much the difference between all those band's tone and a tone like Dying Fetus's. I could be overgeneralizing though.

Old 2008-01-06, 02:47
Auyard
Senior Metalhead

Yea, the V-amp is just for practicing in my room with headhpones. Ampeg is for no one is home or jamming with friends.