MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Music Theory

Old 2007-04-28, 08:19
Schizoid
Senior Metalhead

Italian Theory

Hello Metal Heads,

I hope this is an appropriate forum to post this thread; I didn't know where else to post it. I guess it appropriate since it has to do with music theory.

I realized that I'm very attracted to music from Italy and I love metal bands coming from their. I like the way they use their music theory. I love their melodies and solos, it is so musically melodic, virtuoso and emotionally in depth. Example Vivaldi ;it's so darn beautiful. The band dark moor and Graveworm are awesome. I want to study Italian music theory deeper; so can you please write a list of good Italian metal bands, classic composers and other good music.

Thank You all

Old 2007-04-28, 11:06
guitar_demon
MotörCat

the only italian band that comes to mind is elvenking if your into that stuff. go to metal-archives and search by country

list of composers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Italian_composers
Ok. You're literate, intelligent and funny-FBS

"Calm down, Edgar back in your cage"-far beyond sane
"you suck the cat-avatar-guy doesnt"-The Doc
Now My Legacy Shall Live Forever!!

Old 2007-04-29, 11:20
Unanything
Post-whore

Yeah, the kinds of music you actually refer to are Baroque and power metal. I guess the Italians do it well. Also look up the Italian overture while you are on Wikipedia.

www.garageband.com/tranxnart
www.myspace.com/tranxnart
www.youtube.com/user/Tranxhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while fucking you in the eye. Brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadude
I coated the end of a toothpick with Satan's blood and simply wiped it across the top of an omelet. PERFECT!

Old 2007-05-05, 10:53
Schizoid
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanything
Yeah, the kinds of music you actually refer to are Baroque and power metal. I guess the Italians do it well. Also look up the Italian overture while you are on Wikipedia.

Yea the Baroque it's amazing. Yngwie style is Baroque in guitar and he's Italian. I don't like it when people say his music is just technical because it is completely false. It is very attractive, catchy, exquisite and very well constructed. There are many guitarist that have rambling solos and his is anything but that. Baroque is the best!
Most of Baroque music is quite complex. Graveworm is obviously not Baroque but their melodies in their songs are ravishingly beautiful. It's got the same attractive feel. Any feedback would be great.
Thank You

Old 2007-05-05, 11:57
deifiler
Senior Metalhead

Cripple Bastards

(Will ruin your Italian dream)

Old 2007-05-05, 12:32
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Oh shit, there is Itallian theory too?
Damn, I wasted all my time just learning French and Spanish theory.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2007-05-05, 12:55
aslkvbiwbegv
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizoid
Yea the Baroque it's amazing. Yngwie style is Baroque in guitar and he's Italian. I don't like it when people say his music is just technical because it is completely false. It is very attractive, catchy, exquisite and very well constructed. There are many guitarist that have rambling solos and his is anything but that. Baroque is the best!
Most of Baroque music is quite complex. Graveworm is obviously not Baroque but their melodies in their songs are ravishingly beautiful. It's got the same attractive feel. Any feedback would be great.
Thank You

Yngwie is from Sweden, and Italian music doesn't have its own theory.

Old 2007-05-06, 20:36
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Psh dude, then you've obviously never heard of Antarctican theory....their minor scales are so cold you'll get heat stroke.

And Malmsteen isn't Swedish, he's a Jewish Pole who hails from a coal mine. He only comes out of hiding to play E Phrygian; and no, he really isn't the President of the Women's Right's movement--he's just gay. In fact, I believe Malmsteen is a muscial term for when someone has fat fingers with "attitude."

Italian theory, on the other hand, is merely a phrase to explain Einstein's theory of relativity. It's also been used as an adverb to describe the time when President George Dubya Washington wore a loin cloth while trying to take over the world. Single-handedly won us the Cold War it did.

I think Transylvanian theory is actually the theory you must be talking about because that theory is representive of all metal music possible. Yes, that's right. It's also the theory that explains why Cropduster (or is it crotchduster?) has the possiblility of sucking.

These....are worthy of Wikipedia....
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx

Last edited by powersofterror : 2007-05-06 at 20:42.

Old 2007-05-07, 13:26
aslkvbiwbegv
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror
Psh dude, then you've obviously never heard of Antarctican theory....their minor scales are so cold you'll get heat stroke.

And Malmsteen isn't Swedish, he's a Jewish Pole who hails from a coal mine. He only comes out of hiding to play E Phrygian; and no, he really isn't the President of the Women's Right's movement--he's just gay. In fact, I believe Malmsteen is a muscial term for when someone has fat fingers with "attitude."

Italian theory, on the other hand, is merely a phrase to explain Einstein's theory of relativity. It's also been used as an adverb to describe the time when President George Dubya Washington wore a loin cloth while trying to take over the world. Single-handedly won us the Cold War it did.

I think Transylvanian theory is actually the theory you must be talking about because that theory is representive of all metal music possible. Yes, that's right. It's also the theory that explains why Cropduster (or is it crotchduster?) has the possiblility of sucking.

lol

Old 2007-05-07, 17:50
brainsforbreakfast
El Diablo sin pantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by powersofterror

I want what he is drinking.
Originally Posted by Requiem
Why would you sig that?
Why not? Why would you sig me saying that I hate you? I was serious there, too.

I'm in despair! The internet has left me in despair!

Old 2007-05-07, 19:18
Requiem
Post-whore

Dark Moor is from Spain

And yes, Italian music is just amazing, for the most part.

You should also check out Rhapsody,Luca Turilli, and Sonata Artica.

Sonata Artica isn't from Italy but they are what you're looking for.

Last edited by Requiem : 2007-05-07 at 19:22.

Old 2007-05-09, 16:08
Schizoid
Senior Metalhead

Sorry my big apologies for saying Malmsteen is from Italy! Antarctican theory that doesn't ring a bell? Recently I've been listening to some European folk music which I think is from Hungarian; very nice. Anyway is this what you’re referring to by "Transylvanian theory"? Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, and Sonata Artica sound very interesting to me; thanks for that info I’ll check them out soon!

Last edited by Schizoid : 2007-05-09 at 16:22.

Old 2007-05-09, 16:24
powersofterror
I am a tax on the world..
Forum Leader

Wow, I really hope you're serious about checking transylvanian theory out.
Man, I get real sweaty after I wack my dong. Yeah, cause I headbang while I do, and I can't really "Jump" (haha ) like VanHalen in a dorm room, so I just walk back and forth....haha a couple days ago I was jumping up and down on my bed, with my pants down and my roommate came in when I wasn't looking, hahaha.

This is my band's page
http://www.myspace.com/ferocitydentontx