MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2007-04-24, 02:52
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

2x10 Cab enough for small gigs?

Is a 2x10 speaker setup enough for small gigs? I'm in the market for a bass rig and i really don't need anything ridiculous. My friends have a 112 that i messed around with and sounded pretty loud but i know it will definitely be alot less bass and volume in any kind of show environment.

Oh the cab would probably be rated at around 350 at 8ohms.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2007-04-24, 03:18
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

doesnt really matter if youre running a line out, but yeah 250 would definitely be sufficient.

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2007-04-24, 20:33
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
doesnt really matter if youre running a line out, but yeah 250 would definitely be sufficient.

Alright man sounds good. Well not sure about the line out. I know that normally you would run a balanced line out, out of a bass amp but i'm most definitely not using a "bass amp" for bass.

I'm using my Crate Blue Voodoo 300 watt head. Which i know pro bands who use it, and i must definitely say it sounds pretty damn good. Granted it does have a Slave out 1/4in, but i would imagine you need one of those DI Boxes for it to sound any good.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2007-04-24, 20:58
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Alright man sounds good. Well not sure about the line out. I know that normally you would run a balanced line out, out of a bass amp but i'm most definitely not using a "bass amp" for bass.

I'm using my Crate Blue Voodoo 300 watt head. Which i know pro bands who use it, and i must definitely say it sounds pretty damn good. Granted it does have a Slave out 1/4in, but i would imagine you need one of those DI Boxes for it to sound any good.

Hey dumb dumb ill sell you a cab with either 4'10's in it or 4'12's cant remeber right this second....yes its a bass amp and i have no use for it.

Old 2007-04-24, 21:33
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

wow lol, you got any bass tube heads lying around?
Ill buy it from ya.

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2011-05-27, 11:32
oddball
New Blood

I got a 600watt head and 2 4x10 cabs with horns in them,play alot Zepp. and blues type stuff through them.

But what im getting at is when we play our reg gig at the bar I may have my whole stack but realy only playing 1 cab, for me 4x10 is plenty not sure about 2x10 but see no reason why it would not work,our drummers loud and the rythum guy thinks he's jimmy paige so they try and drowned me out, but cant any more lol , if I want I can drowned out the drummer