MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Bass Zone

Old 2007-04-21, 17:37
Force Fed Flesh
New Blood

Replacment 4x10 speakers...where to buy?>

guys ive been using a 4x10 Behringer 1000 watt cab for maybe 4 months now on/off for studio practice...........ive always heard bad shit about aluminum cones and didnt want them in the first place but got a good deal on the cab...either way it sounded pretty decent...maybe a bit rumbly at times but loud enuff

anyways ive ALREADY had to return this cab once before cuz 1 of my speakers just shattered around the edges .......the aluminum cones are built so cheaply they come apart rather easy from the speaker housing itself.......so last night i blew the 2 TOP speakers...they cracked and seperated around the edges......

im playing thru the Yamaha Digital 500W bass head into that 1000w 4x10.behringer...........now, im NOT gonna exchange this for another one i just want to swap the speakers to something good and NON aluminum.......just want some clean, loud no frills bass

the speakers are 4ohm and 240watts each..........can anyone recomend good speakers i can swap into my cab?....or a good place i can find some good replacement bass amp speakers?...help is much appreciated

thanx

anthony

Old 2007-04-21, 18:34
persekutor
Metalhead

Look on Music123, they have a pretty big selection of replacement speakers.
The yearning flames

Old 2007-04-21, 18:50
Force Fed Flesh
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by persekutor
Look on Music123, they have a pretty big selection of replacement speakers.

indeed man checked it out they do have many good selections.......ive bought from them before too and they are fast

im gonna have to go back to the studio and check the specs on the head before i buy any speakers......

the speakers that are in my cab say 4ohm and 240 watts on em.......i def wanna push the same volume it had........if im swapping ALL the speakers out.....do i HAVE to go with 4ohms?..and just wire them in like the originals were?.....im guessing i CAN go 8ohm but it would be wired differently?.....i need to make this swap as easy and quik as possible i barly have time to practice period

Old 2007-04-27, 02:27
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

dude dont judge all aluminum speakers on the shit Behringer ones.Play a Hartke and you will see.

Old 2007-04-27, 21:22
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

and theyre also not anywhere near the greatest.
Hartke is an intermediate brand, somewhere between behringer and GK IMO.

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2007-04-29, 18:05
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Intermediate? Is that Why Stu Hamm uses Hartke heads and cabs?

Old 2007-04-29, 19:42
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

Bass player from Joe Bonamassa uses Hartke stuff too, definitely not a second rate brand, his rig sounds huge.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2007-04-30, 01:24
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

I never said second rate, but definitely nothing special.
I retain that they are a damn good product.

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2007-04-30, 02:09
aFarewelltoKings
Senior Metalhead

Jaco used em in the 80s too.

Old 2007-04-30, 06:02
Force Fed Flesh
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by aFarewelltoKings
dude dont judge all aluminum speakers on the shit Behringer ones.Play a Hartke and you will see.

Oh no way man....def wasn't meanin it like that......it was pretty much towards the inexpensive Behringer alum cones...........I heard bad stuff about they're alum cones.......they really are built like crap

I'm SURE the Hartke ones are WAY better but I needed a good loud 4x10 cab on a budget and the Hartkes were too much for me

Either way I copped me 4 nice Eminence bass/loudspeakers rated @350 watts a piece..non aluminum......still waiting on em.....hopefully they do the trick......spent about 300 for 4 of them which is what I paid for that damn CAB.....so hopefully I get my moneys worth.....I shall soon see

Old 2007-04-30, 23:10
McCalister999
Senior Metalhead

I may be wrong, but for the price of putting 4 decent speakers into a cab you could probably get a used cab (one that doesn't suck) for equal or lesser price. I guess it depends on what speakers you plan on getting.

Old 2007-05-01, 00:42
Force Fed Flesh
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCalister999
I may be wrong, but for the price of putting 4 decent speakers into a cab you could probably get a used cab (one that doesn't suck) for equal or lesser price. I guess it depends on what speakers you plan on getting.

Well if u read 2 posts up you'll see I bought 4 nice eminence bass/loudspeakers rated @350watts a piece...as opposed to the 240watt crap ones that came WITH the cab........

The problem here is that I've already once RETURNED this cab for another for the same problem..........and then this time around TWO speakers broke into pieces .....the 30-60 day exchange thru guitar center is past due....which means I'd have to go thru BEHRINGER......why wait months for the same crap......

The CAB ITSELF is very NICE....built very well and had great volume......its just the damn speakers seem like they're attached to the outer edge with Elmers glue and EASILY come apart.......so hopefully these Eminence 350 watt speakers/non aluminum loud speakers will hold me over..........were talkin 1400 watts handling total........which I'm running thru only my Yamaha 500w digital head and thru my ESP's active EMG pickups

I should be receiving and installing them this week and ill put em to the test.....and let u guys know how they do

Anthony

Old 2007-05-01, 01:50
McCalister999
Senior Metalhead

oops, didn't see that.

Old 2007-05-02, 03:41
Force Fed Flesh
New Blood

Well I got the speakers today after ordering them online wensday night from music123.com......gotta love that quik shipping

and these speakers look real nice......very well built....and look like they can take a beating.......I should be installing them up tommorow night can't friggin wait

Old 2007-05-05, 05:05
Force Fed Flesh
New Blood

well i installed these speakers last night...needed to shave the holes slightly for them to fit....other than that they sounded freaking amazing......100x clearer and stronger than the crap "Bugera" aluminum cones......they are built so much better and can take a beating......they barly move and shake unlike the others did, and put out massive volume with EASE........my bass felt and sounded so good it almost felt like i was playing a neck thru....no shaking or rumbling sound and with the extra power i can adjust the actives so much better....i definitly recomend these to anyone