MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2007-01-04, 02:01
Mallichae
New Blood

Quick pedal question

Should I be setting my double bass up so I'm not getting hit on my shin or will it not hurt after a few weeks? I really like my beaters far back with low tension. Any other way makes my Cobra Jr's feel like I'm trying to bounce a basketball with the slave pedal because I have to catch it at just the right time otherwise it screws me up.

Old 2007-01-04, 02:22
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

I would put the beaters at less of an angle and a little more tension. you will lose some volume, but overall get more speed. That's just weird if they are hitting your shins.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2007-01-04, 06:19
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Don't hit your shins for fuck's sake! It's a waste of energy, you could get greater speed if the beaters didn't move that far.

Old 2007-01-04, 16:34
Mallichae
New Blood

Thanks, I moved the beaters a bit closer. I've been adjusting everything like mad trying to get a good feel but the slave pedal still feels weird and weak to me.

Old 2007-01-05, 02:45
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Well it should feel sort of like you're bouncing a basketball really, butterfly touches dahling!

Are the springs controlling both pedals the same? Have you tried evening out the beaters?

Pull both of the beaters back with one hand, let go and count how many times it takes them to stop. It should be roughly equal if you want the tension to be the same.

Old 2007-01-05, 04:52
Mallichae
New Blood

I finally have it set to where I want it. I was matching the tension before but it just didn't feel right to me so I made the slave spring more loose and now it feels perfect. Thanks for the help.