Old 2006-10-16, 08:24
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

New Converge

New Converge tears my head off.

It's not emo anymore...

"Petitioning Jane Doe" anyone?

Fucken awesome... It's called 'No Heroes'.

I also have new Belphgor, I, Coldworker and Ektomorph...

Old 2006-10-16, 14:12
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Woah, You Fail Me was only released last year, wasn't it? I quite liked YFM but this sounds like it's going to be good. Thanks for the info, Myles.

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn

Old 2006-10-16, 14:30
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

You dude, i can load up some tracks to the same place i did for the Some Girls tracks so you can hear it man, and obviously anyone else. nah you fail me was at least 2 years ago i think john. and by me saying that YFM was emo, sure it was, but i like emo, well converges brand of emo anyway. ill upload some tracks tomorrow. man what is so weird, most the tracks are like 1 minutes, then you have some 3 or 4 minutes ones, theres a 9 minutes one, its a heaps epic record, as usual.

Old 2006-10-16, 14:45
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
You dude, i can load up some tracks to the same place i did for the Some Girls tracks so you can hear it man, and obviously anyone else. nah you fail me was at least 2 years ago i think john. and by me saying that YFM was emo, sure it was, but i like emo, well converges brand of emo anyway. ill upload some tracks tomorrow. man what is so weird, most the tracks are like 1 minutes, then you have some 3 or 4 minutes ones, theres a 9 minutes one, its a heaps epic record, as usual.

No need to upload - I've just placed it on pre-order. The release date is 23 October over here.

Old 2006-10-16, 14:49
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

it is world wide i think i got a fucken FULL VERSION non promo or anything but for promotional work, cos i work for some gay magazine and they give me 5 free cd's every 2 weeks to KEEP how awesome is that. I've even got the slipcase version of this cd too man... hahaha

Old 2006-10-16, 15:19
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

they were emo? They sounded awesome to me on Jane Doe.

And I will definitely get this new album!

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-10-16, 15:19
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Fuck this album is dynamic... man they have such a cool sound on this one... theres some tracks that sound really 'cool' like in the essence, im talking songs like 'bare my teeth' and 'orphaned'... they are really odd, they have an upbeat tempo happening but the music has some sort of impersonal nonchalance to it. like i dunno. alot of the songs are hardcore on this one, alot more hardcore than like their other shit, that is to say alot more hardcore punk. 'plagues' is a fcuken awesome track, man that guitar chugg is insane, and a better part of the song is without drums, the guitars are like mechanical. 'grim heart' is a fucken long song where bannon actually sings... as in notes that arent atonal. and on 'lonewolves' theres some awesome tuneless singing/yelling shit happening. id have to say that i think this almost becomes there best album... actually fuck yo cant really beat jane doe i think, this one doesnt seem to be as heartfelt i think... but its fucken great. goddamn this band is awesome.

Old 2006-10-16, 15:21
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

yeah im talking real emo though, what emo actually is, which is a hardcore variant, not my chemical romance or fall out boy, they arent emo, they are pop rock shit.

Old 2006-10-16, 17:18
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I'd disagree with Converge being "emo", and if you mean that because of his lyrics being about love, then everyone who sings about love is emo. Don't try to define anyone as "true", especially "true emo".

I really, really liked YFM, and Jane Doh was awesome too. I heard a couple new songs when I saw them with Mastodon a few weeks ago and they sounded pretty hectic. CAN'T WAIT!
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-10-16, 21:04
HumanWaste
Metalhead

It's alright...a lot of people are hyping this up as an amazing record and maybe even better than Jane Doe......I don't know. I mean it's good, but it's just another Converge record. Nothing strikes me as overly special about it. "Orphaned" is a great track though, as is the title track.

Old 2006-10-17, 03:53
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Man I don't care at all about you disagreeing with me but if you can't see the amount of emotion that goes into their music and yes the lyrics aswell and how their music reflects their emotions and shit, then I think you need to look harder, especially considering emo started as a subgenre of hardcore I believe, but either way, dude, really, lets not fuck up the Converge thread.

Old 2006-10-17, 05:24
HumanWaste
Metalhead

Quote:
Man I don't care at all about you disagreeing with me but if you can't see the amount of emotion that goes into their music and yes the lyrics aswell and how their music reflects their emotions and shit, then I think you need to look harder, especially considering emo started as a subgenre of hardcore I believe, but either way, dude, really, lets not fuck up the Converge thread.

I don't understand how I'm fucking up the thread by giving my opinion on the new album. I thought the title of the thread was "New Converge", not "Bask in the glory of the new Coverge, no dissenting opinions aloud". Also, please point out to me where I said emotions didn't come into their music at all. Seriously, where did I say that. Obviously you do care that I disagree with you because you went on a tangent about emo and hardcore and stuff I didn't even mention. All I said was that I didn't understand why everyone felt this record was so groundbreaking. Whatever though, I won't "fuck up" the thread any further by giving opinions you don't agree with.

Old 2006-10-17, 06:07
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

You are a fucking idiot, I was talking to Darko, and by posting that shit just then that I didn't even care to read past the second line you're helping to fuck the thread so shut the fuck up.

Old 2006-10-17, 06:13
Valtiel
Supreme Metalhead

Jesus, someone needs a hug.
"So often our hands get caught up in ruts of muscle memory. 'Muscle memory' is an accurate term. We get used to doing certain things, without even being aware of them. This ultimately not only shapes and therefore limits our technique, it also shapes what we compose, what we write. We end up thinking still unknowingly trapped in that box." -Adam Nitti

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bleeding
buy a stick of graphite (art stores) and rub it into your nut

Old 2006-10-18, 06:41
ahumansdystopia
Senior Metalhead

I love the stuff but it sounds like they stole curl up and dies guitarist and just added converge vox over it somewhat.....but maybe thats just me.

Old 2006-10-20, 08:44
MyOwnSavior
Registered Sex Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I'd disagree with Converge being "emo", and if you mean that because of his lyrics being about love, then everyone who sings about love is emo. Don't try to define anyone as "true", especially "true emo".
Thank you! That's what I've been saying for years. I think The Mars Volta said it best when they mentioned nearly every form of music has emotion. It is kinda hard to not make an emotional album when you put your heart into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko
I really, really liked YFM, and Jane Doh was awesome too. I heard a couple new songs when I saw them with Mastodon a few weeks ago and they sounded pretty hectic. CAN'T WAIT!
I can't wait as well.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" - Epicurus

“I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... drinkin'. I'm constantly drinkin'.” - Early Cuyler

Last edited by MyOwnSavior : 2006-10-20 at 08:49.

Old 2006-10-20, 16:50
bassist_of_light
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
yeah im talking real emo though, what emo actually is, which is a hardcore variant, not my chemical romance or fall out boy, they arent emo, they are pop rock shit.

emo is more a state of mind and style rather than a style of music. Thank God im not emo though, lol im too insensitive to be emo... lol

my myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/bassist_of_light

Old 2006-10-20, 21:02
Miscarriage
New Blood

Been following converge for 10 years or so. It sounds really good though, heavy, and of course Converge. Let's not get into what emo is. It's short for emotional, but it's more a look than anything. Everything is emo because it has emotion. Leave it at that. Yay.

Old 2006-10-21, 02:24
thedogwave
Metalhead

wow, i can't believe the word "emo" was typed so many times in one thread. converge eats balls. i said it, i meant it. this is a metal website not hot topic.

Old 2006-10-21, 02:37
metal_monkey
Post-whore

and your a n00b so who cares

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Old 2006-10-21, 03:20
thedogwave
Metalhead

haha, yeah i don't post a lot but i also don't wear girl pants and have a myspace either. i'd rather spend my time listening to some fucking cryptopsy and hitting the bong. i'm just saying when i think of converge i think of kids in really tight hooded sweatshirts, maybe even dillinger escape plan shirts. just lame. opinions are opinions. everyone has them, even people with only a few posts.

Old 2006-11-03, 05:35
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

Its real fucking good, and aside from one track, I'm really happy with it.. Jacob's vocals are great, and I think my favorite I've heard from him (however, his clear singing on this isn't very good.). That man is someone who has seriously sacrificed his vocal chords for his music. How does he even have an esophagus? He sounds like he's coughing up his rectum through his throat (and I think I saw him do that live). Speaking of vocals: whoever they have singing on track 8 (name escapes me) is great and is one of my favorites. Along with the vocals, the riffs and writing are all up to par with previous albums. The production is outstanding and the drumming is frantic and adds great subtle touches that can really amp up the song.

I think you'll enjoy this one Mansley, rectum coughing and all.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Last edited by Darko : 2006-11-03 at 05:44.

Old 2006-11-03, 08:14
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Yeah, it came the other day and from the few spins I've managed to give it, it's an excellent Converge record. I thought that was his anus being coughed up that I could hear!

Old 2006-11-03, 08:24
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_monkey
and your a n00b so who cares

He's been around longer than you.

I only have Converge, and I think it's really gay, so you can all suck my penis.

Old 2006-11-03, 09:09
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

You only have Converge? They don't have a self-titled album. Come on, if you're going to make shitty contributions, at least appear to know what you're talking about.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery

Old 2006-11-03, 13:05
problematic
Post-whore
Banned

Sorry, I didnt read over my post, that being the result.

I only have Jane Doe, and i'm not into hardcore. Thus the bashing.

Old 2006-11-03, 15:21
autumncurve
Post-whore

Quote:
...Coldworker...

is fucking awesome

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. malicious
someone's a little behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I'll take you from behind!

-grindcore (featuring newHELLonEARTH)- Krossa
-"Neo-Classical Heathen Folk"- Ellylldan
-experimental/middle eastern themed/folk/ambient- Soft Temple
-experimental/post rock/downtempo- Silence Over Okhotsk

Old 2006-11-03, 16:14
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

I like it.

Old 2006-11-03, 17:09
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

i haven't heard it yet..but i'm looking forward to checking it out...i like the pre jane doe stuff more..but jd was pretty good. i haven't really heard anything after jd though.

Old 2006-11-04, 03:42
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

this has elements of jane doe and pre jane doe i reckon.

and coldworker i thought, was a little boring autumn

Old 2009-10-28, 08:48
johnmansley
Schrodinger's Cat
Forum Leader

Anybody got Axe to Fall yet? Fucking great album. I can't ever imagine Converge serving up anything south of inspirational genius.

Old 2009-10-28, 19:07
Dyldo
Throbbing Member
Forum Leader

I've only heard the one promo track they had up on their myspace and that was pretty fucking awesome. Has it been released yet or did it leak? You're most definitely right, they just can't do bad or anything below "pretty fucking awesome".

I really gotta get this and the new The Red Chord. Converge is priority, though.
deadheadrosesmusic.com
i'm so bonery