MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-07-25, 19:56
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Getting a trigger module for drum

Ok, I've been thinking about getting triggers for my bassdrum (main reason: I start to get the hang of heel/toe and triggers would flatten out any highs and lows in beat volume differences).

Anyway, I have no experience or ideas whatsoever concerning triggers or modules.

1/ Do I need only one trigger if I play with one bassdrum (and a twinpedal)?

2/ What are good (and preferably cheap) brands of triggers and modules?

3/ Do I need anything else besides a trigger and a module (and for rehearsals, a speaker)?

Thanks you!

Old 2006-08-03, 17:14
Party Time 2000
Senior Metalhead

sorry cant help you

but we don't use the
fish to feed the pussy.

http://www.myspace.com/lordpartytime2000

Old 2006-08-04, 19:50
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Seems like nobody can... There has to be at least one drummer here who uses basstriggers?

Old 2006-08-04, 20:24
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus666
1/ Do I need only one trigger if I play with one bassdrum (and a twinpedal)?

2/ What are good (and preferably cheap) brands of triggers and modules?

3/ Do I need anything else besides a trigger and a module (and for rehearsals, a speaker)?

Thanks you!

1. Yes, only one trigger per drum. People that use a twin pedal and trigger usually seem to have trouble controlling double triggers. Which is when you hit the drum once, and double or multiple hits occur, from your one hit. You have to mess with the settings for a bit to elimate false triggering.

2. Ddrum triggers are pretty popular drum triggers. Stay away from their Red Shot series, go for the regular ones. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Red Shots.

Also if you use an Axis double pedal, they make a special trigger that fits right on the pedal. Very handy, and elimates basically all double triggering. But they are only for Axis pedals...

The Alesis drum module seems to be one that many drummers who trigger use, check that out.

3. Nope, just a bass drum. You might want to get isolation headphones too if you don't already. I usethese and they have been working fine for over a year and a half now. You can plug them into the module and be able to hear your triggered kick while practicing alone.

Also, i'm not sure if the triggers come with cables to be plugged in, you might have to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-08-05, 08:11
Sycophant
Supreme Metalhead

From my experience you usually have to buy audio cables for whatever trigger set you get, so you can hook them up to the module.