MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-07-03, 03:33
Dagon
New Blood

Can Anybody Help Me?

Itīs me again, doing my first thread on this forum, and I am requesting some help, the story is that a friend and me decided to start a band, but he only plays guitar, so i needed to play drums, never went to a class, i learned from watching videos, and hearing the songs i liked, but now that we are playing, I need to get a little bit faster, and i could use some tipos from you, and another question, how do i keep going fast for at least an entire song, Iīve triedn it but i can't stand all the way to the end, and i get tired, What should i do, I know that practice, and I don't want to pay for a teacher, so can you help me?
See you in Hell.

"By Glorifying Satan And Lucifer We Become True Enemies Of God"

Old 2006-07-03, 09:25
Demogorgon
Metalhead

You said it yourself : practice.
I'm getting tired pretty fast too, so you just have to "bite the bullet"...or drink a whole damn lot of Red Bull, that works fine for me

Old 2006-07-04, 06:57
scard
New Blood

You can't waste any energy, you gotta be very efficient with your drumming.
Try use only the muscles you need to play. For example, if you're playing at a low stick height, don't move your whole arm, just use your wrists.

And remember: smaller muscles are faster than bigger muscles (try wave your whole arm and then wave your hands), so try do that, you can still play loud as f*** using just fingers and wrists, using arms (that is, if you do) are not needed.

Old 2006-09-02, 11:29
maggot666
Metalhead

Yes, practice makes everything perfect! But all you need to do is first familiarize the song and find a way that you'll last! As easy as that! LOL

What the fuck you looking at!? If you hate me, Oh god I hate u too!

Old 2006-09-02, 19:20
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Metronomes work good.

As far as getting tired; I get tired too, an it's because I'm out of shape.... well, unless you count circle as a shape. Haha. And my stamina isn't all that good. Add the heat and I can't play for more than like 15 minutes. Well, I could play mroe, but I wouldn't play well, and it's not good to practice doing something the wrong way.

But I've been getting better ever since I got off my ass and became a bagger. Pushing carts in and doing all kinds of crap like that, although to a well-defined person it would be easy, really increased my stamina.

The stereotype that drummers have it easy because they get to sit down is so not true. Just fyi. I had a few people say that to me and I told them to put their ass behind my kit and play my double pedals at 152 bpm for like 7 minutes while keeping a steady tempo. I can't even do that, and I've been playing drums for 4 years now. All drummers have trouble, but the difference between us and them is we can do something about it...... plus we have sticks that we can jab into their eyes, but the pigs don't suspect anything so I'm in the clear. haha.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-09-03, 14:57
maggot666
Metalhead

If I were you, play at the most convenient area! So that you can concentrate!

Old 2006-09-03, 16:21
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

That would be good, but playing in a convenient enviroment won't push your limits as much as playing in an enviroment that makes it hard on you to play in.

Say you're in a big heavy metal band, and it's summer time. The heat has been intense for the whole season, and you're band has just gotten a gig to play at this one venue. Big problem; it's an outdoor concert, and the weather shows that the temps are going to be in the 100's. If you practice in a well ventilated place with air conditioning and basically pamper yourself, odds are you won't perform very well out in that heat. If you practice in the heat and get an idea of what it will be like, you'll put on a better show.

How do you think marching bands play so well? They practice in the heat. They don't pussy out and go in a gym or something. Just some food for thought.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2006-09-04, 07:56
maggot666
Metalhead

Yes you've got the point!