MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-04-19, 04:55
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Hey does anybody know about these cymbals?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=445475

I have been thinking about getting an acoustic drumset to replace my digital drumset. (we'll see how that works out haha) But... i was looking at these cymbals.. Hvaen't really tested out a bunch of different kinds. I know zildjians are the shit. And i know sabian.. is ok i guess? But this doesn't look like too bad of a pack. i really want the free splash =) hah.

But thoughts comments about it? Maybe even experience with sabian cymbals.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2006-04-19, 05:22
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

I am not the biggest Sabian Fan (had some bad experiances, but that was with the cheap end cymbals) the AA's and AAX's are pretty good cymbald for metal, they are quite heavy and are designed to be Beaten to hell, but the AA's can have a bit of a slightly shit sound

but I have heard ALOT of people have really nice sounding AA's so yeah I would say its a pretty rad deal

Old 2006-04-19, 05:41
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Sabian are pretty good, decent.

Old 2006-04-19, 06:38
low-tech
Post-whore

ive never liked sabians. i have a 20" one, i think an AA, its ok, but its the next on my list to get replaced. real heavy, my istanbul agop is half the weight and thickness as it seems, sound alot better.

Old 2006-04-19, 10:25
Infinity
Life is pain.
Banned

Yeah Sabian ARE really heavy I still managed to crack one ahahahahaha

Old 2006-04-19, 15:01
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Yeah Sabian ARE really heavy I still managed to crack one ahahahahaha

Yeah so did my drummer (from my street punk band) After he cracked it he ripped it in half and through it across my room.

Yeah i mean.. when buying sabian it always feels a lil sketchy. Do you guys have any recommendations for other cymbal packs around 300-400?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2006-04-19, 23:18
The Execrator
Noob lud

What the fuck, you guys are speaking of Sabian like every Sabian cymbal is the same. I only play Sabian cymbals, I love them. The AA Metal are pretty nice. Adrian from Cradle of Filth, ex At The Gates uses lots of the AA metal cymbals. AAX cymbals are pretty popular in extreme metal. Along with a few AA's. Some of their cymbals sound like shit, some are ok, and some are amazing just like every other cymbal company. The 10 inch splash that you get with that package is amazing. My favorite splash cymbal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-04-20, 03:26
Young Drummer
Metalhead

i havent played them but i a sabian now and it plays well but i am wondering theres black spray paint on the top of them

Old 2006-04-20, 04:11
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Execrator
What the fuck, you guys are speaking of Sabian like every Sabian cymbal is the same. I only play Sabian cymbals, I love them. The AA Metal are pretty nice. Adrian from Cradle of Filth, ex At The Gates uses lots of the AA metal cymbals. AAX cymbals are pretty popular in extreme metal. Along with a few AA's. Some of their cymbals sound like shit, some are ok, and some are amazing just like every other cymbal company. The 10 inch splash that you get with that package is amazing. My favorite splash cymbal.

Thanks for this other side opinion. I'll definately take this into consideration.

Old 2006-04-20, 04:28
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

I say something, and the sheep follow.....

WATCH THE EGO SWELL!!!

Old 2006-04-20, 04:53
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Now looking back on this thing i'm probably not gonna get the metal x ones. Maybe a different set of the AAs, just basically cause i'm not an extreme metal guy... nor do i beat the ever living shit out of my stuff. Just not my style haha

Old 2006-04-20, 05:51
low-tech
Post-whore

i dont repute the fact they make good cymbals, and ive heard other drummers use them and it sounds good. i feel this way about most new drums and cymbals. just whenever i try the sabians out im not digging it, unlike with most stuff i usually will see thier merit.

the one i got was used and its outlived my zildjian ride. its now the top hat of my newly reinstated 20" ride hihats. still serves a purpose.

the AAs are probably passable for getting your set complete.

Old 2006-04-20, 08:46
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

I play Sabian HHX cymbals... I like them, even though they weren't made for metal.

Old 2006-04-22, 13:58
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Made for metal? Pffffft. OH EM GEE METUHL MUST BE FAST AND DARKKK AND METUHL PPL HAV A HEVY TOUCH! As a rule of thumb, heavy cymbals tend to be better for faster metal as they tend to have a shorter decay - midpaced and slow metal is better off with lighter cymbals with longer decay as there are more "gaps" in the music to fill. Also, if you don't have a heavy touch, you can't get as much volume out of heavy cymbals.

Zildjian and Sabian are about equal in quality, but in my opinion both are overpriced for a piece of machine-made metal. Anatolian, Bosphorus and Ufip cymbals are manufactured in a more hands-on manner, sound good, and are cheaper. The only difference is that there isn't as much consistency between each cymbal of the same model, but that gives them their particular charm.

For buying cymbals I'd recomend going to a store and trying several out instead of shopping online. Packs are cheaper, but blending your own cymbals can be uber fun.

Old 2006-04-22, 15:58
Demogorgon
Metalhead

UFIP cheaper???

Old 2006-04-22, 21:42
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drummer
i havent played them but i a sabian now and it plays well but i am wondering theres black spray paint on the top of them

The bells on the aa metal's are just unlathed, not spray painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
Now looking back on this thing i'm probably not gonna get the metal x ones. Maybe a different set of the AAs, just basically cause i'm not an extreme metal guy... nor do i beat the ever living shit out of my stuff. Just not my style haha

Yeah man, check out the AA packs. The AA Rock cymbals are great sounding and work good for other styles of music. The Metal cymbals aren't necissarily for Metal drummers, just people who hit hard and want to add some volume. I've seen some soft players with a big 19" AA Metal crash for loud purposes. But anyway, if it sounds good to you, then you aren't wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCrimson
...Zildjian and Sabian are about equal in quality...

Yes, but I think a few drummers will agree that Zildjian has some very shitty sounding cymbals. Only a few Zildjians sound good to me, unlike Paiste and Sabian. The only Zildjian crashes I like are the A Customs. But hey, who cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-04-22, 22:54
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Hmmm. Yeah i'd like to check out some cymbals, but then again, i'm afraid of spending too much money buying seperately. But then again i'm pretty good at spending money and getting good deals. =)

Old 2006-04-22, 23:24
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgon
UFIP cheaper???

In Australia where I am, significantly cheaper.

Old 2006-04-23, 00:26
low-tech
Post-whore

ebay,craiglist. the second hand market is a goldmine.

i may unload my vistalites soon on ebay

Old 2006-04-23, 21:28
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

I'd rather hear cymbals before I buy them personally, considering that they cost a fair bit.

Old 2006-04-23, 22:21
low-tech
Post-whore

well, with craigs list you could go to the persons house to view the cymbal. ebays there in case youve already tried the item somewhere else and you know you want it.

ive never gotten anything from ebay anyways. but there are some exotic hard-to-find,take-a-risk and buy items on there. if i could afford it, i would be wasting alot of dough on gongs and oversized drums

Old 2006-04-24, 00:43
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
well, with craigs list you could go to the persons house to view the cymbal. ebays there in case youve already tried the item somewhere else and you know you want it.

ive never gotten anything from ebay anyways. but there are some exotic hard-to-find,take-a-risk and buy items on there. if i could afford it, i would be wasting alot of dough on gongs and oversized drums

i hear that.

I almost buy EVERYTHING from ebay. I do almost exactly that. Find what i want (at a store) and ebay the hell out of it.

Old 2006-05-08, 23:16
rickyd
New Blood

in the day, i had a few sabians. no way were they top of the line, but i cracked them all, including hi hats. i would strongly discourage you from buying one of those prepacks. just go to the music store and play everything. you'll probably end up with sabian, wahun, paiste and of coarse some zildjian. from what ive seen, sabian and paiste make some really cool sh_t as far as effects cymbals. as far as a ride, sabian has so many different bells on them. as a "faithful" zildjian buff, you cant beat the larger sizes of the a custom crashes.

"if the price sound too good for something new, the chances are..........it is"

Old 2006-05-08, 23:41
MorbidGuitar
Post-whore

thats not a bad set of sabians for the price, i would buy it. Ive owned 2 sets in the past and was pretty happy with them.

Old 2006-06-21, 16:37
zildjian_man
New Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=445475

I know zildjians are the shit. cymbals.

you deff have to go with the zildjians

Old 2006-09-01, 10:27
maggot666
Metalhead

Cool

They are the typical kind of crash/ride cymbals! I hate sabians products, REALLY!

Old 2006-09-02, 12:54
maggot666
Metalhead

Why you'd say they are shit cymbals!? They're nice huh! But I hate Zabian kit! wahahaha

What the fuck you looking at!? If you hate me, Oh god I hate u too!