MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-04-17, 20:53
HermanRi!
Post-whore

any1 tried this before...?

im not much of a drummer, but i was just wondering if anyone has tried this before:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=67974

if so, what do you think of it? let me guess, the price has been jacked up just because of the name attatched to it...? i dont know much about drum equipment and drum prices...

Old 2006-04-17, 21:15
The Execrator
Noob lud

It's very thin, sounds like shit, and Joey doesn't even use it. It's basically a cheap snare slipknot logos on it. Well, it is a cheap snare with slipknot logos on it. That snare is for 13 year old kids that worship slipknot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-04-18, 09:30
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

the new vince paul sig appears to be awesome

Old 2006-04-18, 12:19
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

I hate to say this but you are both WRONG!

for the price (499 NZD) it is a bargain, then add to that, it is a GREAT snare, really clean and crisp, not too hot on the old dynamic range or tonal range (say like the Dennis Chambers snare) but bloody good, and here is the best bit, it sounds fucking MINT recorded, all you do is crank up the tension and do the old credit card trick on the snare and it sound fucking great recorded.

and Joey DOES use it, if anyone ones a good snare at a bargain price that will sound good recorded and good live, and they aren't too worried about playing a million and one ghost notes, then the Joey snare is a good purchase

(add to the fact it is way cheaper than anything else, if you don't like it you have wasted much!)

Old 2006-04-18, 17:24
low-tech
Post-whore

whats the credit card trick? i never had a credit card so this is new to me

Old 2006-04-18, 20:36
Young Drummer
Metalhead

im looking for a good new cheap snare myself and im wondering what kind i should get. would this be a good one for a death metal kinda sound?

Old 2006-04-18, 21:47
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Yeah, I'm interested to know what the credit card trick is.

Do tell, old bean.

Old 2006-04-18, 21:50
low-tech
Post-whore

cheap??,thats 250$ homeslice, its a piccolo,higher pitched,real crisp. they have many applications. i noticed however the piccolo sound goes better with faster music,also sounds like a timbale when you switch off the coil<i think alot of latin drummers utilize this feature>. i have a different kind, its a 13x3 or something. its good but im gonna get a standard size cause the piccolo doesnt sound good with really slow doom metal. it can sound a little weak if you are not hitting it at 8000bpm

about the 13", not a good size for replacement heads, alot of places dont carry this size unless its a guitar center or something off a strip-mall, i never really get to have a choice in what i buy either, its always a standard coated remo. 14"s more convenient with head choice by far

Old 2006-04-19, 00:29
Young Drummer
Metalhead

so joey snare is good or bad for death metal? i kinda want a snare that sounds like the one from nile. what would i get for that sort of sound?

Old 2006-04-19, 05:20
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

its a good snare for most applications, but playing doom as was said, I wouldn't want to use a piccolo for that. if you wanna play death, I would say go for it!

and the Credit car Trick (or any other plastic card for that matter) is simple:

to get rid of the 'TWANG' of pure snare (without any damping or muffling) but to still get a rich full tone, (which you loose if you use say O rings or similar dampaning)

One Places a Credit Card on the skin, and it muffles most of the TWANG without interfering with all the good resonance.

Old 2006-06-21, 16:40
zildjian_man
New Blood

i wouldnt know im to fuckin poor to afford fancy shit like that

Old 2006-09-04, 08:08
maggot666
Metalhead

It is not important what kind of snare your using, but choose the best from quality, price, and the tone of the fucking snare, but if you are a collector, just buy that shit and display on a side!

What the fuck you looking at!? If you hate me, Oh god I hate u too!

Old 2006-09-04, 22:58
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

I cant be the only guy that hates this kid ... hes twice as ignorant as even I could have ever been

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-09-04, 23:10
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot666
It is not important what kind of snare your using, but choose the best from quality, price, and the tone of the fucking snare, but if you are a collector, just buy that shit and display on a side!

I HATE YOU....

Old 2006-09-05, 01:36
sixsicsix
6 lvl 80's sucka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by User01
im not much of a drummer, but i was just wondering if anyone has tried this before:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=67974

if so, what do you think of it? let me guess, the price has been jacked up just because of the name attatched to it...? i dont know much about drum equipment and drum prices...

wouldnt pay 500 usd for something with a gay slipknot s and joeys name on it
not even if it were a 1000 dollar bill

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-...pad_and_pat.jpg

Old 2006-09-06, 03:45
maggot666
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
I HATE YOU....

If you fucking hate me, I hate u too! FUCK

Old 2006-09-06, 12:21
maggot666
Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsicsix
I cant be the only guy that hates this kid ... hes twice as ignorant as even I could have ever been

Yes you're quite right, but as far as I know being Ignorant means, your not belong to this world, so fuck your mouth! Asshole!

Old 2006-09-06, 19:48
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Nah, ignorant means being too opinionated and not able or willing to take advice from people. Which you do seem to be a bit, but no worse than a few others around here.

This was a nice, quite well used forum for drummers at one time, but (apart from the 4 or 5 that always were, and continue to be helpful and knowledgeable) it's gone to shit now.

Like so many of these things it's getting over-run by people who think reading forums alone is enough to make you a world class drummer. We all need advice or second opinions on things sometimes, but there's a breed of people coming along now who'd rather spend night after night wanking over YouTube watching heel/toe instruction videos and some kid do quads than sitting on the stool or behind their practice pad and doing some actual drumming.

Jam to your iPod, run through your rudiments or whatever exersises you need, make time to practice and spend less time on your hair and make-up, then maybe one day you'll have something useful to say.

Old 2006-09-07, 07:59
maggot666
Metalhead

I accept advices from anybody, but I really hate people, minding my business! We have our own style, and skills! So I'll accept that I was wrong, but don't anybody of u care how I do It. Tnx