MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2006-01-01, 00:57
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Axis hi-hat stand

Anybody use one of these? I'm in the mood to buy a new one, and I can get an Axis XHH item (to match my pedals, I hasten to add) for the same money as an Iron Cobra one.

Thing is, I think I'd prefer the 2 leggedness of the Iron Cobra - the Axis seems to have these huge spidery legs on it that I feel like I'd fall over. I can't physically try out either of them because I live in the middle of nowhere and no music shop within 100 miles carries either (infact the Axis one would have to come from almost 800 miles away).

Anyone know if the Axis fits nicely with 2 kick drums?

Old 2006-01-01, 02:54
The Execrator
Noob lud

Most guys that use Axis pedals don't use the Axis hat stand, so I would guess no. I have the Iron Cobras stand and I like it alot. It fits well with 2 bass drums. So I would recommend that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2006-01-01, 03:22
low-tech
Post-whore

i still have brochure from when i got my pedal, they call the leg design "the vortex" this does not look convenient for someone playing a double

Old 2006-01-01, 06:23
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

I think you can swivel the base legs, but remember the axis pedals have velcro on the bottom, and on Carpet they just don't move!!!

I have tried one ages ago, and it was really nice!!!

but as with the legs and 2 kicks, yech I think you might some issues, I mean you can have a 3 legged hi hat stand with double bass, and be comfy (my setup is that way) but I have a hi hat clamp so yeah..... the other reson I know most people don't use Axis hats, is because they don't have a cable hat version (unlike say DW etc.)

Old 2006-01-01, 13:10
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Yeah, it's tricky. I really like the idea of standardising my hardware (the Axis stands and baskets etc look cool), but not if it's at the expense of playability.

I'm sure there must have been tons of thought put into the Axis hi-hat stand (if the ace design of the pedal is anything to go by), but I don't feel like shelling out that much without someone I trust (i.e someone not trying to sell me one) saying exactly how well they perform.

I suppose I might try the Pearl forum and stuff.

Old 2006-01-01, 16:28
Andy C
New Blood

I have the Pearl Eliminator hi hat stand. It works real good with my double pedal. And the double pedal I have is the Pearl Eliminator, so it looks sweet with everything matching. But, it works awesome regardless.