MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-10-28, 14:11
bloodlust
New Blood

pedals and band members

does any one know what kind of pedals chris adler usees. there longer than most pedals and i would love to use them. if any one knows please get back to me. and also can u give me some advice on how to get ur band members to practice more!

Old 2005-10-28, 19:55
The Execrator
Noob lud

Haha. Chris Adler uses Axis A Longboards. Very popular pedals in extreme metal. Check out the Axis Website for info on them.
And on getting your band mates to practice more, tell them that your serious about practicing and want to get better. Or something along those lines. You could always threaten them to leave too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-10-29, 00:54
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

get decen't bands mates!

Old 2005-10-29, 02:03
low-tech
Post-whore

you are a drummer, everyone else is a dime a dozen, as you get older drummers become more scarce, you hold considerable bargaining powers over everyone else in the band, so tell them to shape up or ship out.........in a very delicate,polite but most machivellian way, set days to practice,time and so forth. those who are no-shows and are half in the bag during practice should get a swift pink slip with consent of the other members<as tho its not so easy to be ruthless you will weed out the half-hearted>. always address problems when they occur and NOT AFTER.

i would practice with my band 5 days a weeks, my old band was like this, this new band im in may jam maybe once or twice a week, i dont like it but my bandmates work real jobs and one is married so i make the compromise. but yeah set up a routine of days to practice at least

Old 2005-10-29, 02:49
bloodlust
New Blood

thax

thanx u guys. ill defently check axis and the info was great on members. so thanx and i ve threaten to quit and i got kicked out then they wanted me back so ur right dude. this is the band without me so yeah.

Old 2006-01-04, 00:28
xxgenocide98xx
New Blood

Well it depends on how much you want to practice.

My band we practice monday wednesday friday from 5:00-7:00. Its pretty reasonable, as the band doesn't have to spend their entire lives at my house, but its also enough time to practice together and work on material.

If you're asking them to practice 5 or more days a week you really ought to be shot, thats a huge amount of time and commitment. thats just too much to ask of anyone in my opinion I couldn't stand going home every day after work and having to goto band practice.

don't get me wrong, I love practice, but thats TOO MUCH practice. You should only be doing that if you're rehearsing before you get into the studio or something..

I think that 2-4 days a week is fair, anything less isnt enough an anything more is too much =x i guess I'm picky. Its my house, my gear and my time, though, so I guess I get to make the rules lol.

Usually I have my drummer over an extra day to practice with just him, work on his technique and stuff.

Old 2006-01-04, 01:05
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

me and my band practice one day a week, but it is an all day practice, when we got a show coming up, we usually throw in a mid week practice, as necersary!!

Old 2006-01-04, 01:20
low-tech
Post-whore

my band twice a week, and we just got a singer