MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-09-19, 19:13
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

A mysterious doublekick technique for sale, lol

Ok... It's a pretty good drummer from around here... Read this (I quote his replies). Pretty hilarious, although I'm quite curious.

Quote:
Anyone interested in learning fast double bass-playing...I have the secret!!

No gimmick!!

I can teach you how to run so fast on your pedals you will not even believe it...trust me I could hardly believed it myself. With a little adjustment and the right technique you're faster than lightning!

This topic came into my head after numerous questions on gigs (Leptotrichia) where drummers came to ask me how i could play so fast with al these little accents. So now I 'm throwing it into the mass.

Don't be skeptical....if you are into double bass...don't fool yourself and give it a shot.

--------------------

Well, why I'm not explaining it throughout the internet is because there is some much to re-adjust (pedals, seat-positioning,...) that I'll have to "fysically"be there to show you how it's done properly!

All I read so far is people fighting for a bone without wanting to put some effort (by them self) into it. And that is not even the right mindset to begin with.

I'm taking this shit very serious! So yes, if I have to drive to Hasselt (for example), you'll have to pay transportation costs (10 euro/100 km) and the cost of one lesson (50 euro). And that's all it will take to make your feet sound like a pro....one lesson!

I'm not shitting anybody and I wouldn't even dare to ask money if I wasn't sure it will make you a better drummer.

So TAKE your chances,... it's out there....

------------------------

Rip-off my ass!! Nobody is obliged to take this lesson. icon_redface.gif

But I will not sit two hours in my car for nothing knowing that i'm sharing a welhidden inside secret within the bass-drumworld!

Maybe you'll have to ask yourself howcome no one has ever heard of this before!!

Because,... once you've got this technique down you'll do everything to KEEP it a secret. That's what i've done!

The further this topic goes the more I feel like I'm beeing placed in the corner of the evil boogie-man. And that is childish knowing that my purpose is to make you a better drummer!

So... you can hear his newest recording here:

http://users.pandora.be/serialbutch...re_the_meek.mp3

It's tight, and has nice kick-accents, but to my ears, that's stuff you can do with a regular heeltoe...

Any comments?

Old 2005-09-19, 19:51
The Execrator
Noob lud

Hmm. Doesn't sound like anything special. You can learn how to play that by yourself. Are you going to take a lesson from him?
Good song too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-09-19, 20:18
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Nope, I'm not. Quite curious though, but fuck it, I need good pedals first (not the crappy ones I have right now). Then I'll be able to practice my heeltoe in a decent manner and see where that gets me.

Oh yeah, he said that song (mp3) wasn't even close to his limit.

Last edited by Exodus666 : 2005-09-19 at 21:37.

Old 2005-09-19, 23:25
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

The wording of that sounds like that Joe "Ballistic" Stronsic dude. Probably some scammer trying to sell pirated videos.

Old 2005-09-20, 01:49
The Execrator
Noob lud

Well I really doubt it's a scam if the guys driving to your house to teach you. But that doesn't mean it will be the lesson of your life either.

Quote:
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-09-20, 07:48
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmers
The wording of that sounds like that Joe "Ballistic" Stronsic dude. Probably some scammer trying to sell pirated videos.

No, this dude's called Youri, he plays in two Belgian bands called Leptotrichia and Apocryph.

@The Execrator: yep, I know. But still, my pedals are quite shitty and I'm broke since I got new cymbals... So first, new pedals. Then maybe, a lesson.

Old 2005-09-20, 19:08
The Execrator
Noob lud

Cool. Let us know how it goes if you get one.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-20, 20:34
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

So, what about this Joe "Ballistic" Stronsick fellow anyway?

Old 2005-09-21, 01:12
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Argh.. look him up on Google. He's some twerp who claims he tutors the best drummers in the world but they beg him not to reveal their names etc etc. He can have you playing double bass at supersonic speeds in just one lesson blah blah.. reckons he can play at over 300bpm.

Nobody seems to have much to say about it really, other than that he basically teaches heel-toe stuff, and he's got some ideas about how to adjust the pedals & beaters and heads. Apparently the one biggest single trick behind all of it - or so he says - is to play in your socks or bare feet.

I just got the impression from matey's advert up there that he was somehow either trying to emulate Stronsic, or even be like some kind of minion, selling his ideas/products.

As the others have said, this other dude is willing to travel, so must have something to show, but I dunno. Sounds a bit like a "miracle" cure to me. Like some SlimFast thing.. "eat 40 pies a day and still lose 10 pounds an hour on the miracle diet they don't want you to know about.. send cheque to P.O. Box 12414...".

I'd like to make a miracle cure video and sell it for a shitload of money, and when you get it home and turn it on it's just me going "Practice a lot." Then eating a cake.

Old 2005-09-21, 01:52
The Execrator
Noob lud

Haha, I actually ordered the Joe Stronsick thing. He was having a sale for some pretend bullshit reason, i got it for like $80 or something. Not to bad. It's only worth about $20 though. I have to say, it's a real cool program, he teaches you how to get heel toe down pretty good. That guy has some insane feet. When I get axis pedals in a few months, im going to start doing his exercises for fun to see what I can accomplish with it. It's no way worth the prices he charges though, it's a low budget video with 4 audio cds and and heel toe exercise book. Im not saying it's bad, just over priced.

He says to play bare foot. And his amazing secret to "float on your pedals!", sorry if I ruined it for everyone, is to put a peice of ply wood under the back side of your drum throne to make you sit at an angle! What a damn genius!!!
He gets you all excited for things then you find out it's some stupid bullshit idea that probably doesn't even work...

Quote:

Last edited by The Execrator : 2005-09-21 at 01:54.

Old 2005-09-21, 10:34
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

hmm I play in barefeet, and it DOES help, might try that sitting forward thing, doesn't sound too stupid....

Old 2005-09-21, 10:59
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

I always play on my socks too.

Btw the Youri guy will try to record some audio and put it online. I'm curious.

Old 2005-09-21, 17:59
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Oh yeah, The Execrator: does the Joe guy suggests some major pedal adjustments in one way or another?

Because Youri's nick on that forum is also "ballistic" and he says his technique requires some pedal & seating adjustments (+ his secrecy around it). I wouldn't be surprised if he has that Joe vid.

Old 2005-09-21, 18:02
low-tech
Post-whore

barefoot is a good idea so your pedals arent crapified with what you been walking on that day, i just prefer shoes, i dont think theres a difference

Old 2005-09-21, 19:45
The Execrator
Noob lud

Yeah, Joe does suggest a few pedal adjustments. He has you put your pedal board hight a little higher, you beater no more than 4 inches away from the head, and your pring tension all the way up at first, then he suggests to go half way then a little higher or lower from there.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-21, 19:46
The Execrator
Noob lud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ black metal drumm
hmm I play in barefeet, and it DOES help, might try that sitting forward thing, doesn't sound too stupid....

Yeah, I was just saying hes using stuff like that to get you to want to buy the program more...
I just put an old magazine under my throne and it worked fine. The idea didn't really do much for me though so I don't have it like that anymore.

Quote:

Old 2005-09-21, 20:25
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Ok, thx for the info.

NZ_BM_drummer, how does the "throne-lifting" work for you? Any differences?

Old 2005-09-21, 21:18
jimmers
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus666
..Youri's nick on that forum is also "ballistic" and he says his technique requires some pedal & seating adjustments (+ his secrecy around it)..

I told you!!

*edit* I mean I said so, not told "you" specifically. Yeah.

Old 2005-09-22, 04:09
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

haven't tried it yet, but I will

Old 2005-09-22, 07:06
Exodus666
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmers
I told you!!

*edit* I mean I said so, not told "you" specifically. Yeah.

Well, it's just a suspicion I have, that all.

Ok, NZ, let us know how it works out.

Old 2005-09-24, 00:05
MeTalManiac555
Supreme Metalhead

I think the forward of the throne helps a tad as long as you keep your balance between the weight of both feet. My throne in the front of it has barely any padding because that is where I sit and I lean forward especially when I have a bouble bass pedal. I don't own a double bass pedal and wont for a few more months more either but I learned to do some nice stuff with a single. I play with shoes and without and with shoes I can blast pretty quick and even with one pedal I can pretty much make it sound like a double bass but nothing like that song up there of course. With shoes, if you were wide skate looking shoes like mine where they are all lose you will not be consistant at it at all but then again if you tighten them up you can drop your feet more. (plus I hate jamming my feet, I have a damn ingrown toenail on both feet and always had them and if I touch the chain it hurts). My point basically is that I don't mind either way and haven't tested to see which is better/quicker but no shoes is more comfy unless you like sweaty ass socks and feet after a few hours of playing.
twilight casts spells on those who espouse their fate

ice pricks necks like knives, leaving shards of cadaverous skin
tears spout from eyes, shunned from mankind's den
(Prayer For Cleansing/ "A Dead Soal Born")