MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-08-06, 22:13
dysphoric
New Blood

progess on your roddy's?

hey about 2 weeks ago i bought the ever famous roddy instructional tape and since ive been doing his workout every day.

i started with my hands at 175 bpm and my feet at 150 bpm, since then my hands have progessed to 180 bpm and my feet jumped to 165, tomarrow im gonna try 170 bpm with my feet

ive noticed my max db speed jump up there too (ive only got like 9 months or so experience with db) probably around the 190-200 mark but the endurance just isnt there yet.

this workouts the greatest thing thats hapened to me... uh drum wise

um anyway i made this thread so we can compare our progress on roddy's so.... post up!!!

Old 2005-08-06, 22:23
Wakeness
Senior Metalhead

When I got that video I did the workout for every two days for a couple weeks and I noticed a major improvement in my drumming. Then I got lazy and I haven't been doing any stuff like that for a couple months.... I've just been jamming our tunes, not really doing particular exercises.

One thing I noticed- even though I'm not doing the exercises, I haven't digressed. Any improvement that I experienced from the workout has stayed with me.

Old 2005-08-06, 23:39
The Execrator
Noob lud

Haha, i do the roddys everyonce in a while. I dont really have the patience. I wish i could, i'll go try to do one soon. I do my hands and feet both around 135 BPM. My feet get messed up any faster than that. I could do my hands alot faster but i dont want my hands to get like 200 BPM and my feet to be at like 160.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-08-07, 07:31
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

I don't get too much oppertunity to do them cause when I do trhem on my pad everyone gets pissed off at them cause they are very repetitive etc.

Old 2005-08-07, 17:21
dysphoric
New Blood

well my kits setup in my parents attic, where i sleep have comp etc, so i practically live up here and im lazy as hell dont have a job so i can practice all day (if i want).

at the end of the month i start college so idk how im gonna practice... atleast my roommate plays drums, guess ill have to buy a practice pad kit or w/e theyre called