MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-07-24, 21:48
memphis
New Blood

over 240bpm????

thanks for the answers to the danmar question guys!i have another one.i read a thread about one and two footed blasts,and somebody writed that he uses 2footed only on hyperblasts.what do you call a hyperblast?reading your threads makes me really doubt about my drum skills!

Old 2005-07-24, 21:58
DeathCS
Wasted Custom User title

alls I know is i can make a 10000 bpm on my drum machine, so HAH

Old 2005-07-24, 22:06
Frozen Soul
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis
thanks for the answers to the danmar question guys!i have another one.i read a thread about one and two footed blasts,and somebody writed that he uses 2footed only on hyperblasts.what do you call a hyperblast?reading your threads makes me really doubt about my drum skills!

Listen to Pure Holocaust by Immortal. That album started the whole hyperblast thing. The song Buried by time and dust by Mayhem has a very long hyperblast. However Hellhammer is doing 1/4 notes with the bass drum.

Old 2005-07-24, 22:30
memphis
New Blood

did you know that hellhammer recorded the whole album with marching sticks?????!!!!!!buried by time and dust has a really fast blastbeat,indeed!

Old 2005-07-25, 03:45
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

erm 240 I can do, it is hard, but yeah a hyper blast is when you go up and above the 250 mark I believe, that is where it gets interesting, on a good day I can do one of the real fast Flo Crypto blasts but I have NO volume on it, allthough on uber really good days I can get a bit of power into it, but it still sounds wuite pussy!!!

Old 2005-07-25, 04:09
memphis
New Blood

flo is a master blaster!NZ,when i ll reach 250bpm,even for 10 secs,i ll make a party,you are all invited!!!tell me do you practice your single strokes everyday?for how long?do you use a pad or a real snare?i use several pads.

Old 2005-07-25, 08:45
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

erm, I don't practice as much as I should, a practice singles doubles etc. and I use a pad and where possible a real snare (nothing like the real thing) erm but the derek roddy exercises are also a help.

oh and btw I can't get a 250 blast for 10 secs, I can hit a 270 roll for about a 1 sec, but it is VERY sloppy.

260 I can hit faiiiirly cleanly but still only for around one sec.

I need more endurance, more speed and more power!!!!

Old 2005-07-25, 21:13
Frozen Soul
Senior Metalhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis
did you know that hellhammer recorded the whole album with marching sticks?????!!!!!!buried by time and dust has a really fast blastbeat,indeed!
What the hell was he using marching sticks for? I am not a drummer, I simply play drums fom time to time. I am the only person I have ever met who can really throw down the blast beats though. I have no idea how man bpm they are, I just know they are fucking fast and I can hold them for about a minute. Sloppy, but oh well I play guitar, not drums.

Old 2005-07-26, 04:52
memphis
New Blood

frozen,hellhammer used marching sticks at the recordings of d.m.d.s!maybe you should slow down your speed,and increase your stamina and power!there is no meaning playing fast and sloppy!!!nz have you ever heard of gabriel drums??its a greek custom drum manufacturer,i have a gabriel pad and it works great!george kollias is endorsed by gabriel drums!in a veeery good day i reach 240 for almost 10 secs,but as you suppose there is n o sound.230 is much easier,although,in my band i play around210 and220.i want everything to be heard loud and clear.