MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-06-09, 20:33
Wakeness
Senior Metalhead

Axis NIGHTMARE

This is a long post, and it's just me bitching about axis poor service, just so you're warned.

I'm a BIG Axis fan. I love the pedals, and I love the Ekits- when everything works!
When I ordered my pedals they took 3 months to get here. I was pissed about that. Then I got using them, and they wouldn't work quite right. I would set the shaft up with all the set screws, and after playing for a little while the beater head would be all fucked up and wouldn't even touch the skin if I buried the pedal into the ground. I assumed the shaft was slipping, so I too a punch and marked the shaft right were I wanted the set screws to sit, and then I filed it flat so the set screws would have a level surface to bite into and they wouldn't slip around. That didn't work. I took the fuckers apart and made the slave my master, and the master into my slave. The same thing was happening. I called axis. I talked to the designer. I explained what the fuck was happening, and he told me what to tighten. It was this other nut that attached to the U-joint for the shaft, which just so happens to be reverse threaded.
So now I've got that shaft that is all scratched and filed and marks all over it, and I've torn the pedals apart and rebuilt them. So I'm not happy at this point. Then I notice that the slave pedal isn't rebounding off the skin like the master pedal was. Upon closer inspection, I see that one of the pieces tath the spring is attached to has been put on BACKWARDS and makes the slave pedal rebound weakly in comparison to the master. So I take the pedal apart again and rebuild the fucking thing correctly.
Finally after 4 weeks of owning them, they are working like a dream..... a little marked up and whatever, but still working like a dream.
Then I order my ekits.
They take 3 times longer to get here that what the saleman told me they would. Fucking Long&McQuade couldn't pick up the phone if their life depended on it, so I start calling Axis again.
"Where are my triggers? It's been 2 months"
Oh, we're waiting for them to come back from the anodization shop. I'll ship them this friday" she says. Two weeks later, I'm calling again.
"Oh geez, sorry, I'm hopefully picking them up today. " this other guy said.
I said I was pissed, and the guy offered to send me a free shirt. I felt better.
I get my triggers a week later, and use them for 3 days. I put posts all over the net about how happy I am and all that shit. Then one of them decides it's not going to work anymore.
Fuck!
I call axis again. I talk to the designer. He tells me to take it apart and glue the Peizo plate back on. After all the rebuilding I did with the pedals, I thought "Man, this sucks. I shouldn't have to rebuild everything I buy from these guys." but I took the thing apart, and in the process the Peizo plate got damaged. Now it's really fucked.
I call Axis yet again.
I explain that I'm quite unhappy, and that I want some new triggers shipped to me express. I wait a week and start checking my mailbox every day. I check the next week.
I call Axis.
"Hi, it's Jason in Ontario, and I'm calling just to check and see what kind of shipping method was used to ship my triggers"
"Let me check- oh, they're going out regular mail" (Meaning, the fucking things aren't even SENT YET!)
"Why weren't my triggers sent express?!" I yelled
She was like- "um, oh. OK...."
I said "You don't remember my situation do you?
"No" she said
I fucking LOSE IT!
"Yeah, I'm the guy that spent nearly 900 fucking bucks on my pedals, waited three months for them, and then I had to rebuild them twice before I could even use them properly! I'm also the guy that order triggers, and had to wait another ridiculous amount of time for them to get here, and then after 3 days they fucking BROKE, and I called you guys and told you I was pissed and wanted new ones expressed! WHERE ARE THEY?"
"I'll send you some new ones" she says.
"EXPRESS" I said.
She hangs up.
Fuck.

Old 2005-06-10, 12:32
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

*e-hug*

You'd expect that from large corporations hey? Damnit always trampling the little ones... Fuckers.

Old 2005-06-10, 18:43
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

haha, sucks for you man

Old 2005-06-11, 13:10
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

that is really weird, everybody else I have known (mainly the guys over on the Derek Roddy board) said whenever they have had dealings with Axis Customer service that it has gone REALLY well, so I dunno what s going on, I have fortunatley never had anything go wrong with my pedals and so haven't needed to deal with them a year down the track and they are still kicking ass.

Old 2005-06-17, 23:52
Jittery Sniper
Senior Metalhead
Banned

That is why I hate ordering shit online anymore. I ordered my ESP Viper from music123 and the guitar came to me with fret buzz on every fret up to the 5th one. Fucking bullshit right? They offered me this and that so I did feel better and I just ended up intonating it myself. They were way better about it than the fuckers who dealt with your situation.

Sorry to hear that man, really, that pisses ME off reading that.

Old 2005-06-19, 22:52
crispykid
Senior Metalhead

like i said at smn that shit customer support but thats life with things falling apart and having to fix them.

Old 2005-07-15, 14:12
Wakeness
Senior Metalhead

My new triggers just broke again. We're playing a show tomorrow night.
I'm so mad, you guys have no Idea...

Old 2005-07-15, 21:53
John Holland
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Banned

Let me tell you that I feel your pain ... I ordered my Washburn seven string on the 27th of last month from Music123.

Still not here

Old 2005-07-16, 21:13
sqol
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeness
My new triggers just broke again. We're playing a show tomorrow night.
I'm so mad, you guys have no Idea...

Dude, i hope you get the problem sorted, you shouldn't be having such problems with the kinda gear you got

The Freedom of Chaos
The Secret of The Secret
The Truth of The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone
moonraven?....more like ass raven

Old 2005-07-18, 13:32
low-tech
Post-whore

did the show go ok?

Old 2005-07-18, 16:49
Wakeness
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-tech
did the show go ok?

Truth be told, we never got on stage till 3 in the morning, and by then we were just sooooo shitfaced it was unreal.
Funny, it was the worst we've ever played, but the crowd liked it. Hahaha.
Punkers, eh? They just don't know any better....
All in all, the show was a success.