MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-05-09, 03:01
Doublebass
New Blood

13" or 14" hats for nu-metal?

wuts better for nu-metal, 13" or 14" hi-hats?

Old 2005-05-09, 03:56
Drag the Waters
Senior Metalhead

u picked thee right forum to ask this question.. nu-metal? use an aluminum trashcan lid.
.......| ____ |........................
.____|___|________........
.|.........................|.|....|.\........
.|......ice-cream....|.|__|..\___
.|.........................|..............*|
.|_.....___________.....__.o|
....(...)....~.~~.>--<o.(...).......

Old 2005-05-09, 05:27
low-tech
Post-whore

it doesnt matter dude, the difference between the 2 are fuck all,marginal at best maybe if they are of disimilar make, like a paiste rude vs a zil scimitar, then perhaps you got something to debate about, as far as "new" metal goes those type of big label bands record on a half million dollar budget and their sound has more to do with protools editing than the gear they are using, i bet alot of those bands play to tapes anyway, white zombie did, total fakeout

Old 2005-05-09, 09:24
NZ black metal drumm
Post-whore

well Low-tech pretty summed it up, just get a good set of hats, you probably won't notice the difference.

Old 2005-05-09, 12:11
BrokenCrimson
Post-whore

Well, Nu Metal calls for huge dynamics and lots of cymbals,and you should get BIG ones and LOTS of them, preferably Zildjians. Not all nu metal bands are terribly big, and I don't see why someone should pay it out, it's still metal.

Old 2005-05-09, 16:57
The Execrator
Noob lud

14" hats for metal. Alot of nu metal drummers also have 15".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy
Please excuse me for I currently have a terminal erection, and the only cure is midget-cunny.

Old 2005-05-09, 18:37
low-tech
Post-whore

aaahhh.....im just bitter about these new metal whatever bands, i remember reading a while back on this band, coal chamber. how they spent half a mil to produce an album, how the members were supporting a 500$ a day coke habit. im sure thier label loaned the money which meant they had to pay it back. but i was seething with anger over how they were boasting about being these drugged out rockstars, it kinda soured my opinion of mainstream popular metal music even more, and yeah not all nu-metal bands are big label,lip-synched,coke snorting,empathyless,self absorbed rockstars and so on

so ill post a more mature answer: the bigger the hihat the deeper the sound, plain and simple, your not gonna notice that much of a difference between 13 and 14, your better off looking at different kinds of hihats, and ultimately it depends on what you want as a sound

Old 2005-05-10, 01:48
Doublebass
New Blood

yea, i found a great pair of used 13" Paiste Dark crisp Hi-hats today at the local guitar shop for 120 bucks! talk about a friggin deal. Great condition and sound too. So i ended up goin with the 13" and they are god!

Old 2005-05-10, 22:08
MeTalManiac555
Supreme Metalhead

Well even though you got them already, it doesn't matter. Can't really ask a question like this plain and simple. It's all about oppinion and personal taste man. Any cymbal from Paiste sounds good to me. It just depends on the sound your looking for. I like more of a Jazzy sound (yeah I know I like metal and all but I still like a jazzy, crisp clean sound) but again, it's all about personal preference. The hi hat you chose is a pretty nice one too, 13 and 14 are almost the same, the pitch is different but not a huge difference. I am not going to bad on you about the nu metal thing (everyone else did it for me) even though I hate the new metal stuff I wont talk shit on peoples tastes. Sorry just isn't me.

Take good care of that hi hat, my last hi hat I bought was a Paiste (still got it, looks like new) and I paid 412 bucks for it so I don't want to screw that thing up. Good choice on brand I think.
twilight casts spells on those who espouse their fate

ice pricks necks like knives, leaving shards of cadaverous skin
tears spout from eyes, shunned from mankind's den
(Prayer For Cleansing/ "A Dead Soal Born")