MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > Musicians > Drums Zone

Old 2005-04-16, 23:17
Schizoid
Senior Metalhead

Drum Machine

I'm looking for a really good drum machine at this moment. I was thinking of the SR-16. Do you know of any really good drum machine that can imitate the sound of real drums? I don't care at all about other features like guitar effects, or recording cuz I have all that. I just care about a drum machine. I play guitar and sing and drum rhyme is very important for me to make music. All my songs are based on tempo and speed and without drums I'm gone. We have a band of three guitars but we kept on changing drummers cuz they all had problem staying on the beat. Right now no drummer. So I need a drum machine urgently to replicate a real drummer into my recording and live shows. Thanks a lot people!

Last edited by Schizoid : 2005-04-16 at 23:25.

Old 2005-04-17, 13:39
shimbolla
Senior Metalhead

Well, I was about to reply to your thread in gear/recording that was the same question, letting you know that I'd recently posted a thread about the same topic in the drum forum. But what-a-ya-know -- you beat me to it!
And on that note, I'll inform you that I posted this question for myself not too long ago in this forum -- you can find it near the bottom of the page (the title will give you a sure hint). I ended up settling with the Zoom MRT3 drum machine (eBay). The SR-16 by Alesis is indeed a great machine that sells quite well. Then Boss has a large line of drum machines that are pretty suitable. For the memory, kits, programing/recording, size, sound, etc, blah blah blah, I'd have to say that the Zoom MRT3 does quite well for me.
Sooooooo, I think I've given you my two cents. Now run away like a good little boy before a mod beats you up. (yes, it is indeed hammer time)

Old 2005-04-21, 16:43
OozingRectalFeast
New Blood

Fuck... I'm Dead use a BOSS DR660 or DR770.

Old 2005-04-21, 20:15
The Doctor
Denimwearinghillbilly
Forum Leader

search fuction you dumbass