MetalTabs.com - your source for Metal tabs
Home Forum FAQ Contact Us Link to Us

Go Back   MetalTabs.com Forum > MetalTabs.com > Chit Chat

Old 2007-01-14, 15:02
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I bet the Navy nukes could whoop the Marine's swords. In fact I'd bet money on that one.

Hubby took chief's test and was just about there when he got busted and bumped down to 2nd class again. He drew an X through a stripe on his crow on his dungarees. 13 years in and never got a good conduct ribbon. hehe He ran mach one with great efficiency and the weird thing about it was they all partied back then before it was real no-no to do. They all worked well together regardless of rank and if something wasn't cool they got it back in order in a hurry.

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Grimm:I could read your mind but its in font size .5
Amadeus:Oh, and was there a cesserole (never mind spelling) involved?
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism
Dyldo: You evil strumpet!

Old 2007-01-14, 16:12
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L,B'XXX
I bet the Navy nukes could whoop the Marine's swords. In fact I'd bet money on that one.

Hubby took chief's test and was just about there when he got busted and bumped down to 2nd class again. He drew an X through a stripe on his crow on his dungarees. 13 years in and never got a good conduct ribbon. hehe He ran mach one with great efficiency and the weird thing about it was they all partied back then before it was real no-no to do. They all worked well together regardless of rank and if something wasn't cool they got it back in order in a hurry.

What a freakin turd! haha Even the cpl who lived next door to me got a good cookie. And trust me if anybody probably shouldn't have, it was him hahaha.

Chief's test? They take tests to pick up rank? haha freakin' turd service branch.....
I wouldn't mind being in the navy if it weren't for... all. the eminence.... gayness..... .The.. gayness. hah. nah. yeah.

I thought about being a navy pilot (shortly after joining the marines) but i don't see it being for me. I think it would be a sweet ass job if you were single. All the time out on sea flying around then making port calls and all that good stuff.
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.
About requiem. Aint it the truth...

Old 2007-01-14, 16:37
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmfreak
haha wusss

I don't really believe in a draft unless absolutly neccesary for the survival of the country. Granted thats kind of the only time it was used although vietnam.. eh.. kind of an acception to that, obviously where all the hoopla came from.

There is bullshitting around talk about making it required to have a draft for every conflict that a president attempts to enter (in an act to make them thinker harder and be more sure about it) and although its an intresting idea its just people being assholes.

A draft seems like it trivializes those who join out of free will to better themselves and their country, not to mention those who join to leave the country to help others, because you can definately bet that you see alot more helping action than you would have otherwise seen. Somalia, neos and all that kind of stuff. (neos are non combatant evacuation operations) But then again tahts the marine corps. Alot of people join the marine corps for this.

The classic saying. "A marine never has to know if hes made a difference."

But let me get off my marine corps preaching horse.. give me a break will ya. haha

I really don't see how I would be a pussy. Not to sound cliche, but i would rather not fight for some stupid war that dosent make sense or something I dont fucking believe in.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2007-01-14, 17:40
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Well, we all know the Marines are just for folks not elite enough to be in the Navy so they made a subdivision for you.

He didn't get gcr because some things were against normal people's ethics. He wouldn't comply. He was just about a week shy of one when he did something to not get one.

And don't you have to go up in ranks in the Marines by proving what you know? Or do they just pick people and give them stripes or whatever it is they give you?

-wally: Mom, you shouldn't play after me because it makes you sound even worse than you already do. -wally:*grumbles and whispers quietly* I guess it's cuz I love you or something, but you're still a TURD
Paddy:the fact that you didn't end up on a kids show makes me question my atheism

Old 2007-01-14, 19:26
metal_monkey
Post-whore

if i was to join the army i'd go for the australian sas, screw that queer navy stuff

Youve made me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by problematic
Metal Monkey: retarded comments galore.

RIP this guy

Old 2007-01-14, 22:38
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered
I really don't see how I would be a pussy. Not to sound cliche, but i would rather not fight for some stupid war that dosent make sense or something I dont fucking believe in.

It was joke man. But if your unhonorable and undedicated enough to draft dodge then by all means. Regardless of whether its for something that you do not like its called a sense of duty. Its apparent with the way things are going that when (not IF) "WW3" hits the fan this country will either be singing a different tune or will sink pretty bad. I'm sure it will change its tune.

If you look at the only times the draft was enstated OTHER than the vietnam war it was purely out of a survival standpoint. If people were not drafted the country would lose and we would ultimately be a completely different country in a completely different world. The only reason the draft has a negative light was being it was inacted for the vietnam war which wasn't ( to some) a very clear war and what not. People would say that about Iraq today, but maybe it (as i see it now) they do have things in common. A very important goal and finish that unless we were completely unleashed then its not very "winnable" without major help.

Iraq is very similar today. Its a "lone war" where no neighboring countries really care to actually help and settle their own problems. Hence why that entire area is complete shit city. On one hand i think we should say and say fuck you to the insurgents and on the other hand i say lets pull out fuck them and say you know what your ignorant asses reap what you sow. Let that country go completely to shit and hopefully the rest of the middle east. Fuck em. I'm personally tired of being the Worlds fucking body guard especially when shit hits the fan because we have the power so we're "supposed to help" according to the rest of the world. But when we do help.. oh "your just a bully."

Sometimes i wish i ran this country. Ok no i wish i owned this great country. Frank Zappas little 1980 thing on crossfire was fucking awesome because he said basically "curse words" need to be used in politics. Fuck this pc bullshit.

Anyways that went waaaaaay waaaay off topic. Regardless of the fact i've decided to sacrfice my freedoms (willingly) to fullfill a type of duty to my country. If you don't feel this country is worth your duty then maybe you should fine one that fits what you deem worthy of.

Anyway wow old are you anyway?
...Its very annoying to keep having to hear some socially-disabled teen come on these boards talking about all the drugs he's started doing so that he can maybe grasp onto some kind of positive response so he feels better about himself and what he's doing.

Old 2007-01-14, 22:43
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Well, we all know the Marines are just for folks not elite enough to be in the Navy so they made a subdivision for you.

He didn't get gcr because some things were against normal people's ethics. He wouldn't comply. He was just about a week shy of one when he did something to not get one.

And don't you have to go up in ranks in the Marines by proving what you know? Or do they just pick people and give them stripes or whatever it is they give you?

Marines pick up rank different ways. We'll talk about enlisted. The first 3 ranks are gained purely off time in grade. 6 months for E2 then 9 months to pick up E3. After that for E4 and E5 you have to make a cutting score. Every quarter they release scores (dependant upon the needs at the time) that different mos/jobs have to meet to qualify for the next rank. Also with that is time in grade as well in order to be eligble. In order to get points to qualify you must gain points in different categories such as your PFT score, your rifle score, college credit, recruited people, and stuff like that. After Sgt (E5) its all and completely boards. Just like officers. You have a package of information about you and it goes before a board (when you are in zone for promotion via time in your grade) and you get selected via the board. The higher you get obviously the less amount of people you will compete against, and when its like E-8 to E-9 depending ont he mos you could only have 4 people who are E-9s in the ENTRE Marine Corps.. soooo you have to pray one retires. haha

This concludes my period of instruction on promotions in the marine corps.

Old 2007-01-14, 22:56
drawn&quartered
Too _____, wouldn't fuck

Quote:
It was joke man. But if your unhonorable and undedicated enough to draft dodge then by all means. Regardless of whether its for something that you do not like its called a sense of duty. Its apparent with the way things are going that when (not IF) "WW3" hits the fan this country will either be singing a different tune or will sink pretty bad. I'm sure it will change its tune.

If you look at the only times the draft was enstated OTHER than the vietnam war it was purely out of a survival standpoint. If people were not drafted the country would lose and we would ultimately be a completely different country in a completely different world. The only reason the draft has a negative light was being it was inacted for the vietnam war which wasn't ( to some) a very clear war and what not. People would say that about Iraq today, but maybe it (as i see it now) they do have things in common. A very important goal and finish that unless we were completely unleashed then its not very "winnable" without major help.

Iraq is very similar today. Its a "lone war" where no neighboring countries really care to actually help and settle their own problems. Hence why that entire area is complete shit city. On one hand i think we should say and say fuck you to the insurgents and on the other hand i say lets pull out fuck them and say you know what your ignorant asses reap what you sow. Let that country go completely to shit and hopefully the rest of the middle east. Fuck em. I'm personally tired of being the Worlds fucking body guard especially when shit hits the fan because we have the power so we're "supposed to help" according to the rest of the world. But when we do help.. oh "your just a bully."

Sometimes i wish i ran this country. Ok no i wish i owned this great country. Frank Zappas little 1980 thing on crossfire was fucking awesome because he said basically "curse words" need to be used in politics. Fuck this pc bullshit.

Anyways that went waaaaaay waaaay off topic. Regardless of the fact i've decided to sacrfice my freedoms (willingly) to fullfill a type of duty to my country. If you don't feel this country is worth your duty then maybe you should fine one that fits what you deem worthy of.

by the way I didn't really want to argue with you or offend. I was just using language to get my point clear.

NEGROGENESIS

Old 2007-01-14, 23:04
Slabbefusk
FUCKING HOFF-STYLE!!!!!!!

I'll be going to some random location this year and do tests and then the government will see if they want me or not.

Old 2007-01-14, 23:06
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawn&quartered

by the way I didn't really want to argue with you or offend. I was just using language to get my point clear.

Hey its cool man i wasn't trying to bust on you TOO hard.

Slabbefusk what kind of tests? Like superhuman type tests? haha

Old 2007-01-14, 23:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

metal_monkey --What's queer on the pier is okay underway. ---old Navy motto

tm, it sounds basically the same only I was thinking more of the knowledge angle. You can be in for a long time and not go up rankwise.

Old 2007-01-14, 23:33
metal_monkey
Post-whore

hahahaha

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Old 2007-01-15, 00:34
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
metal_monkey --What's queer on the pier is okay underway. ---old Navy motto

tm, it sounds basically the same only I was thinking more of the knowledge angle. You can be in for a long time and not go up rankwise.

most definately. The biggest part of being a sgt and above is fitness reports. Its basically a yearly thing a CO writes about your conduct and your contribution. They make or break you period. And if you dont' have one for every year that you need one or when you change commands you get them too if you don't have em your screwed and your package will be thrown out. I dunno how common it is in the active duty lifestyel but reserves gets nuts about that. (not having them and so on)

For CPL and below we get pro cons. Proficency and Conduct marks. Adds about half of your total composite score. So it can be a big deal. I finally got mine and i got 4.8 for both. So i have 480 plus 480. I need about 1560 to make corporal (lower than most jobs). I have like a 1480 right now. Its because i haven't submitted my transcripts to my unit. once i do that i'll have more than enough points ot make it.

Old 2007-01-15, 01:53
JOAMdude
Post-whore

TMfreak, i love you, purely for your 4th to last post

Old 2007-01-15, 03:00
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

In reference to tm's post about a "duty to your country" - screw all that. I'm not planning to joing the army out of a sense of duty to the United Kingdom. The only reason I'm planning to join is because I figure it'd be a fun way to spend 4+ years, possibly picking up a few extra qualifications. At least, it's sure to be better than sitting in a fucking office.

Old 2007-01-15, 03:30
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard_beast
In reference to tm's post about a "duty to your country" - screw all that. I'm not planning to joing the army out of a sense of duty to the United Kingdom. The only reason I'm planning to join is because I figure it'd be a fun way to spend 4+ years, possibly picking up a few extra qualifications. At least, it's sure to be better than sitting in a fucking office.

I didn't say thats the only reason for joining haha. Lets hope its not money. It can reinvent your life and give you a completely new more mature outlook on life.

It appears to me since i've joined (at least in my case) that its opened my eyes and calmed me down quiet a bit.

And you are most definately right about "fun way" to spend 4 or so years. You can get to do stuff that nobody else will ever get to do. Hell shooting hi tech machine guns is fun enough.

Guns like the M-2 50 caliber machine gun thats been around since WW2. The velocity of the round is so great that it doesn't even have to hit you to kill you.

Old 2007-01-15, 14:03
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:

Yah, that's me for the TA basicly, looks like good fun, it'll make me a better person, adds to my CV and I'll be able to travel all over doing stuff and shooting guns!

Old 2007-01-16, 02:58
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Proud member of the United States Air Force .
If you join for no other reason, know....Chicks dig men in dress blues.

Old 2007-01-16, 05:52
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius
Proud member of the United States Air Force .
If you join for no other reason, know....Chicks dig men in dress blues.

Lol, yes they do, but some see a man in dress blues as a meal ticket so watch out.

Old 2007-01-16, 07:08
CompelledToLacerate
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote:

I get where you're coming from, and I agree with you. But there's things I kind of disagree with.

I agree with what you said about the draft thing. If I precieved this wrong, forgive me, but what you're saying is if the war itself could destroy our country, then the draft is instituted so to prevent it from happening. The World Wars were where it was logical to issue the draft because the imperialistic powers (Central from the first, Axis form the second) potentially had the strength to conquer us if they could conquer Europe. Japan was able to take out Pearl HArbor in the second World War and because of that our whole west front was open for attack. Same thing with north Korea in the Korean War. What would have happened if they controlled the south? They would be a major threat to our western boarders, almost like they are now. With Vietnam, the draft was pointless (and immoral in my opinion) because North Vietnam wasn't a direct threat to our country. The Vietnam War turned into nothing more than a brutal and savage effort to control the spread of communism, to stop the Domino Effect we felt was happening back then.

I know I'm a coward. If a draft was issued, I would try to get my ass out of this country or do anything to avoid it. Not just because I'm afraid of dying, but mainly afraid of dying in vain. Everyones going to die someday, and I appreciate the concept of dying for your country, but my biggest fear in life is being inadequite (sp?), of failing because I was too weak to do something, because I couldn't help it. A draft brings in alot of people and throws them into a war with little training, most of them who even after training are fit or prepared enough to fight in a war properly. You are someone who has had the training and teaching and have been in situations where you're training was needed. A man who is being attacked from a distance whos had better training would have a way better chance of surving than a simpleton like me. It's one thing dying because of irresponsibility, but the thought of dying in vain is what turns me off to the idea of even considering signing up, and probably the same reason for other people.

Keep checking for new crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2007-01-16, 11:12
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Well you somewhat hit the nail ont he head. Don't be mistaken (and for once it appears you are not) being drafted you are drafted as a number. Period. You ar e a body. And i'm not sure how they would do the draft now if it would be the same as it was before. (you have a one year contract, they send you to bootcamp, then straight to infantry school then straight over to wherever)

If the draft was instituted it would have to be dire enough reason so it makes sense. Although i wouldn't worry so much about it, you would be on a very much winning team. If you haven't looked around this military is beyond capable. Especially in any sense of "tradtional" fighting standards but then again thats a somewhat unlikely type of battle we'll see now, but then again you never ever know.

And replying to what soul said. Yes they do those fucking leeches!

I want a leech

Old 2007-01-16, 12:44
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

!

CTL, don't be scared. Everyone has some sort of felling like this. Fear is normal and will keep you alive. Listen and remember these emotions because they will fade in time and it will just seem easier to die than live. It might seem noble to die for your country but its better to live for your country.

Even if your not drafted and do join the military, sure people will give you a little shit at first. Its part of being human. Just think of what happened after joining metaltabs! It's not a big deal for most of the military and I think most career military people forced to accept drafted would keep the drafted back until they are curtain the drafted are ready and accept there is no turning back and running away.

Leeching in the military. Well...

That happens

Old 2007-01-16, 15:08
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulinsane
Lol, yes they do, but some see a man in dress blues as a meal ticket so watch out.

Yup, I've seen that in action. Not me, but it was nice knowing my hubby was going to have a guaranteed paycheck. If you think I'm naive now you should have known me when I was 18! lol

Dress blues? Bah! Show me a man in white cracker jacks and I'll have a smile on my face big as life. I LOVE those things! Dress blues look like refigerator boxes. At least the Navy ones do.

Old 2007-01-16, 17:26
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

AF Dress blue > Marine dress blues > Army Dress Blues > Navy Dress blues

That's a little biased since I'm in the AF. Most people think Marines look the best. I did until I was in the Air Force.

As far as the meal ticket..I've got a girlfriend so it's not like I'm trying to pick up chicks on base..She does, however, love it when she sees me in my blues. It's nice knowing chicks think you look awesome, you are doing what you like, and are serving your country.

Old 2007-01-16, 17:32
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

I sewed patches on one of the Marine instructor's dress uniform jackets so I just had to try it on. I looked darn spiffy in it, but even the jackets I've made myself I prefer to be tailored. That was donkey's years ago.

I used to wear my dad's dark crackerjacks to school when I was in 7th grade. They were from WW2. 13 buttons on the pants and no easy ways to get in and out of the jumper. They were wool and I used to fold them insideout and press them between my mattresses on my bed like he said they were supposed to be. The top had dragons from Tsingtao sewn on the inside cuffs of the sleeves. That was in my shorter and much slimmer days.

Old 2007-01-16, 17:45
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
AF Dress blue > Marine dress blues > Army Dress Blues > Navy Dress blues

That's a little biased since I'm in the AF. Most people think Marines look the best. I did until I was in the Air Force.

As far as the meal ticket..I've got a girlfriend so it's not like I'm trying to pick up chicks on base..She does, however, love it when she sees me in my blues. It's nice knowing chicks think you look awesome, you are doing what you like, and are serving your country.

You look like fucking bus drivers i don't even want to hear it! haha

Continuing what Soulinsane said. Trust me everybody gets those feelings and just signing up makes you think about stuff like that. Especially now. You SHOULD join the military because it can provide alot of stability and confidence thats very usable and applicable to the real world and your every day life. Trust me those who take in the "retoric" and hear what there is to hear most definately benefit from it.

I am most definately living proof of that. I feel anyways.

Old 2007-01-16, 17:53
Adrian_15
Senior Metalhead

Lucky cunts!!! in my country people must serve at least 3 years at the army
Can patter out their hasty orisons.
No mockeries for them from prayers or bells,
Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs,-
The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells;
And bugles calling for them from sad shires.

Old 2007-01-16, 20:38
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
but my biggest fear in life is being inadequite (sp?), of failing because I was too weak to do something, because I couldn't help it.

That's kinda how I feel at the moment, which is part of the reason I'm throwing myself in there, to make sure that if I am weak now I won't be in the future!

Old 2007-01-16, 20:56
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyvim Tvar
That's kinda how I feel at the moment, which is part of the reason I'm throwing myself in there, to make sure that if I am weak now I won't be in the future!

You'll most definately not come out "weak" by anymeans. Hell taking that first step is probably where most fail anyways.

Old 2007-01-17, 01:13
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Quote:

Only when we have on the bus driver cap. Sometimes we get lucky and get to wear our berets..Then we look fuckin bad ass.

Old 2007-01-17, 01:39
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Only when we have on the bus driver cap. Sometimes we get lucky and get to wear our berets..Then we look fuckin bad ass.

Then you either look like the french, a woman, or from the army. You take your pick and well... i can't decipher the best one out of those choices.

Old 2007-01-17, 02:24
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Ah well. Not about looking good.

Old 2007-01-17, 02:27
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_15

Are you from South America?

Old 2007-01-17, 03:14
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Ah well. Not about looking good.

Your dress uniforms aren't for looking good? Can't be for tradition...

hahah sorry sorry i know i keep bustin on ya. What rank are you anyway if you don't mind me prying?

Old 2007-01-17, 03:26
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_15

haha, aren't you from Israel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe_blunts
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2007-01-17, 03:28
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Your dress uniforms aren't for looking good? Can't be for tradition...

hahah sorry sorry i know i keep bustin on ya. What rank are you anyway if you don't mind me prying?

Haha, it's cool
I'm Airman First Class

Old 2007-01-17, 04:04
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:

Continuing what Soulinsane said. Trust me everybody gets those feelings and just signing up makes you think about stuff like that. Especially now. You SHOULD join the military because it can provide alot of stability and confidence thats very usable and applicable to the real world and your every day life. Trust me those who take in the "retoric" and hear what there is to hear most definately benefit from it.

I am most definately living proof of that. I feel anyways.

If I felt like I was fit enough to join and if I didn't have any idea what I wanted to do, I'd probably join the military. But I can't do so much as a half-assed push up.

Quote:
It's really sad, all those people who don't understand why we shouldn't act like our enemies. The real victory is not only killing and imprisoning the terrorists, but also letting civilized manners override the lust for revenge, once the battle is over.

Old 2007-01-17, 11:59
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Don't let that stop you. About a year before walpurgis signed up he got hold of a Navy fitness book and started walking, running, and working out. He put himself on a nutrition program and he dropped his weight about 60-80 pounds all on his own. He kept in touch with the recruiting office and met with them periodically. If the future recruits wanted to run with them and do their fitness program they could go with them. It was pretty cool. So don't sell yourself short. If you think you'll fail, you will, but if you turn that around and think you can at least try then that's better. You'll grow just in the leaps and bounds that way. Military can be very frustrating sometimes and really knock your dinghy in the dirt at times, but you'll find an inner strength you never knew you had.

Old 2007-01-17, 19:22
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

The military is great..I'm telling ya..Right now I'm getting paid by your tax dollars to sit on my ass in an office and post on metaltabs! What's better than that?

Old 2007-01-17, 19:53
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Have you got a guitar, a toilet, and a fridge in there, too? That would be rad.

Old 2007-01-17, 20:45
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
The military is great..I'm telling ya..Right now I'm getting paid by your tax dollars to sit on my ass in an office and post on metaltabs! What's better than that?

Except you pay taxes too.. so.. hah

Furthering lbxxx's comment... about dinghy in the dirt or whatever the hell that means... i have to run a pft for my officer recruiter friday at 6 in the fucking morning.... SIX IN THE MORNING. It was 15 degrees today at like 12 in the afternoon....

There are plenty of levels of stupidity of this, and obviously whoevers bone head move this is ,is probably an officer not looking after troop welfare.

Old 2007-01-17, 21:00
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
Except you pay taxes too.. so.. hah

Furthering lbxxx's comment... about dinghy in the dirt or whatever the hell that means... i have to run a pft for my officer recruiter friday at 6 in the fucking morning.... SIX IN THE MORNING. It was 15 degrees today at like 12 in the afternoon....

There are plenty of levels of stupidity of this, and obviously whoevers bone head move this is ,is probably an officer not looking after troop welfare.

Well, if he's being paid by tax payer's money, then he's really just getting his money back, theoretically..... that sounds awesome.

And what's a "pft?"

Quote:

Old 2007-01-17, 21:22
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Have you got a guitar, a toilet, and a fridge in there, too? That would be rad.

Not in the office, but I have them by me now.

Old 2007-01-17, 22:34
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompelledToLacerate
Well, if he's being paid by tax payer's money, then he's really just getting his money back, theoretically..... that sounds awesome.

And what's a "pft?"

Physical Fitness test. I have to take them i think 4 times a year with my oso. Only once in the reserves. and i think active duty does them 2 times a year although somtimes it may be more, but not for score.

The other branches have their own thing. Like PRT. Physical readiness test. CRT. Combat readiness test. I think the navy has prts... but dont' quote me ont hat.

Everybody elses "pfts" are wussy. How hard is it to run 3 miles i mean really? Its really not that hard because the people who barely pass the marine corps pfts definately dont' run fast. You gotta run it in 27 minutes.

Old 2007-01-17, 22:48
Requiem
Post-whore

Quote:
Everybody elses "pfts" are wussy. How hard is it to run 3 miles i mean really? Its really not that hard because the people who barely pass the marine corps pfts definately dont' run fast. You gotta run it in 27 minutes.

I could run a mile in under six minutes, when I was in 8th grade.

Old 2007-01-17, 22:51
Pr0az
Post-whore

Quote:
Physical Fitness test. I have to take them i think 4 times a year with my oso. Only once in the reserves. and i think active duty does them 2 times a year although somtimes it may be more, but not for score.

The other branches have their own thing. Like PRT. Physical readiness test. CRT. Combat readiness test. I think the navy has prts... but dont' quote me ont hat.

running with our without gear?

Also i feel your pain of running in the cold.I remeber when had PFT fucking shit dude it would be like 40 degrees outside and i would feel like i was about to die. Its like you get the tastes of blood in your mouth. Your most use to the cold than i am though .

Last edited by Pr0az : 2007-01-17 at 22:53.

Old 2007-01-17, 22:51
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem
I could run a mile in under six minutes, when I was in 8th grade.

Thats one mile. Granted sub six isn't bad at all. I knew a like 40 year old master sergent who ran 3 miles in 14 minutes and like 15 seconds....

Now THATS fucking fast.

You just run in running shoes, a green tshirt and short green shorts. Its no that hard to run a 3 mile in under 27 minutes. For females its like 30 minutes i think.

Old 2007-01-17, 22:55
Pr0az
Post-whore

Ahh shit man thats easy a hell...

Do you ever get the taste of like blood in your mouth with running while its cold?

Old 2007-01-18, 04:41
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:

Dude, to me, you're like a Roman God when you talk like that. "How hard is it to swim into the arctic ocean, dig underneath the Earth's crust, and raise all of Greenland from the ground?"

I can probably do one lap at my old schools track (I guess that would be approx. 1/4 of a mile) without stopping for a breath, but even then, it's a challenge. What you guys do amazes me. You achieve a level of performance in a matter of like, what, 2 or 3 years? Maybe less?

Quote:

Old 2007-01-18, 06:08
metal_monkey
Post-whore

man thats not hard, playing a competitive sport will get you that kind of fitness to

Youve made me cry

Quote:

RIP this guy

Last edited by metal_monkey : 2007-01-18 at 06:25.

Old 2007-01-18, 06:21
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_monkey
man thats not hard, playing a compteve(sp?) sport will get you that kind of fitness to

Old 2007-01-18, 11:43
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_monkey
man thats not hard, playing a competitive sport will get you that kind of fitness to

Croquet is competitive. Will that work?

Knocking one's dinghy in the dirt is the equivalent of getting overpowered severely by someone or something better than you.

Do the Marines still camp out in winter in Minnesota and in the summer in Panama like they did in the late 70's and early 80's? The gunny sgt. we were friends with did that with the reserves he instructed.

There was another instructor at that reserve center that ran pt every day and there was a big ass hill by the center. He'd run it backwards up hill and down. Tall and skinny guy.

Oh, the stories I could tell about some of those guys and their antics! haha It would scare the general public.

Old 2007-01-18, 15:05
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Croquet is competitive. Will that work?

Knocking one's dinghy in the dirt is the equivalent of getting overpowered severely by someone or something better than you.

Do the Marines still camp out in winter in Minnesota and in the summer in Panama like they did in the late 70's and early 80's? The gunny sgt. we were friends with did that with the reserves he instructed.

There was another instructor at that reserve center that ran pt every day and there was a big ass hill by the center. He'd run it backwards up hill and down. Tall and skinny guy.

Oh, the stories I could tell about some of those guys and their antics! haha It would scare the general public.

I dunno they probably do. There are SHIT loads of programs. Hell one of them that goes i think every year or every other year is the cold weather training in Norway during winter season. Crazy crazy crazy go nuts shit goes on there aha. For instance you have to sleep naked with another guy in a sleeping bag. (for survival purposes of course).

As far as schools go to i'm looking to go to sere school this summer in san diego.

You know the school you see on GI JANE where she gets the shit kicked out of her. That school haha. I plan on getting roughed up pretty fucking bad for a week. Get starved, humilated, beaten severely, you know the fun stuff.

Its only 2 weeks long. First week you spend in a class room, then the next week or actually i think 4 or 5 days you spend outside.. and most of that captured as a pow.

Old 2007-01-18, 18:21
Cassius
Senior Metalhead

Over the summer I spent two weeks at Parris Island..Talk about miserable.

Old 2007-01-18, 23:17
CompelledToLacerate

Quote:
I dunno they probably do. There are SHIT loads of programs. Hell one of them that goes i think every year or every other year is the cold weather training in Norway during winter season. Crazy crazy crazy go nuts shit goes on there aha. For instance you have to sleep naked with another guy in a sleeping bag. (for survival purposes of course).

As far as schools go to i'm looking to go to sere school this summer in san diego.

You know the school you see on GI JANE where she gets the shit kicked out of her. That school haha. I plan on getting roughed up pretty fucking bad for a week. Get starved, humilated, beaten severely, you know the fun stuff.

Its only 2 weeks long. First week you spend in a class room, then the next week or actually i think 4 or 5 days you spend outside.. and most of that captured as a pow.

GI Jane ruled. And yeah, I know what school you're talking about. Good luck.

Quote:

Old 2007-01-19, 16:50
Adrian_15
Senior Metalhead

Quote:
Are you from South America?

Israel
Can patter out their hasty orisons.
No mockeries for them from prayers or bells,
Nor any voice of mourning save the choirs,-
The shrill, demented choirs of wailing shells;
And bugles calling for them from sad shires.

Old 2007-02-21, 19:02
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Well, I went to my local TA centre yesterday, got about 25 forms to fill in! I talked to someone there, seemed pretty fucking cool, going back next week to hand in the forms, show em all my ID, let em photocopy it, fill in a National Secrets Act form, all that bollocks, then I can watch them doing training and they said I might be allowed to shoot some guns if i'm really lucky!
I'm so psyched about joining up now, I can't wait for it! Plus I'll get paid to get my Heavy Goods Vehicle license which usually ends up costing at least £600

Take her from behind, then pretend like you're gonna cum, retract and spit on her back.
Then when she turns around blow your load in her face

Old 2007-02-21, 19:42
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Well, I went to my local TA centre yesterday, got about 25 forms to fill in! I talked to someone there, seemed pretty fucking cool, going back next week to hand in the forms, show em all my ID, let em photocopy it, fill in a National Secrets Act form, all that bollocks, then I can watch them doing training and they said I might be allowed to shoot some guns if i'm really lucky!
I'm so psyched about joining up now, I can't wait for it! Plus I'll get paid to get my Heavy Goods Vehicle license which usually ends up costing at least £600

Whats a TA?

Old 2007-02-21, 20:07
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:
Whats a TA?

Territorial army, ie weekend soldiers.

Last edited by blizzard_beast : 2007-02-21 at 20:11.

Old 2007-02-21, 20:31
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Territorial army, ie weekend soldiers.

Oh ok. I remember you mentioning that before.

Old 2007-02-26, 07:54
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:

Its a PFA for the Navy, you grunt, semi-sir. Physical Fitness Assessment. You are apart of the Department of the Navy, so I'm ashamed. You should know this. The Navy Marine Corp came from a hard ass group of US Sailors that decided to make a suicidal ground assault on a African beach fort and actually pulled it off. A few of them lived and took the fort. That was the waking moment of what the Marine spirit is about. It seemed to work well so the Navy kept the tactical force and called them Marines.

Old 2007-02-26, 18:14
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Its a PFA for the Navy, you grunt, semi-sir. Physical Fitness Assessment. You are apart of the Department of the Navy, so I'm ashamed. You should know this. The Navy Marine Corp came from a hard ass group of US Sailors that decided to make a suicidal ground assault on a African beach fort and actually pulled it off. A few of them lived and took the fort. That was the waking moment of what the Marine spirit is about. It seemed to work well so the Navy kept the tactical force and called them Marines.

Ashamed of knowing details about the navy? PFFFF. We just use you for transportation and medical/dental.
And which battle is this?

Old 2007-02-26, 22:08
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
And which battle is this?

I don't remember the name but I do remember the details. William Eaton took Derne in the now Libyan desert off the coast of the Mediterranean.

Also the Marines need the Navy for bombardment, air support, and many other logistical support functions. How effective would the Marines be if they were just dumped and the Navy left?

Old 2007-02-26, 22:14
PST 88
Forum Daemon
Forum Leader

That's not true. The USMC traces back to the Continental Marines from 1775, which predates any US Navy engagement in Africa.

However, Soul is referring to the First Barbary War of 1801-1805, which contributes 'the shores of Tripoli' to the song.

Old 2007-02-26, 22:37
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
I don't remember the name but I do remember the details. William Eaton took Derne in the now Libyan desert off the coast of the Mediterranean.

Also the Marines need the Navy for bombardment, air support, and many other logistical support functions. How effective would the Marines be if they were just dumped and the Navy left?

Yeah buddy haha wow talk about not knowing a service branch. (repeating what PST said)

The battle you are refering to is most definitely tripoli and thats where the Mamaluke sword was given to the marines (which is the officer sword) which is the oldest weapon still in service in the entire world (to my knowledge). The marines was set up Nov 10th 1775 by congress. The one thing any and every Marine knows is their history. Every major battle and event or people i can rattle off like you could imagine. Its part of being a Marine. The only reason i asked what battle it was to see if you knew.

Also the Marine Corps has their own logistical support as well as their own air support. (hence why i'm in the process of being a pilot in the marines) Other than having ships the Marine Corps is a fully functional and self supporting service.

Old 2007-02-27, 00:51
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

Jeez, I'm still up to it in paperwork, they don't half make it hard to join the TA!!

Marines go all the way back to the ancient greeks, probably before that!

Take her from behind, then pretend like you're gonna cum, retract and spit on her back.

Old 2007-02-27, 02:19
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Jeez, I'm still up to it in paperwork, they don't half make it hard to join the TA!!

Marines go all the way back to the ancient greeks, probably before that!

Not "marines" but the Marine Corps.

Old 2007-02-27, 04:04
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:
Yeah buddy haha wow talk about not knowing a service branch. (repeating what PST said).

... It's still a PFA

Old 2007-02-27, 04:06
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
... It's still a PFA

Its still 1.5 miles.... (unless they finally upped it to 2 miles hah)

Old 2007-02-28, 19:05
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

so what kind of shit would i be getting myself into if i joined the corps? i have a 4 year degree, so i know i'd be an officer..but what kind of specifics would i be in for? i'm not really sure how serious i really am about it..but i have been thinking things lately and is "on the table" as an option. i know i'd have to quit smoking and would also start working out before jumping in...but i figured you'd (tm) know a bit more about the ins and outs than most..and i don't really feel like giving a recruiter my contact info heh. i was talking to one of my roommates (thedreadedspank) and he thinks i'm fucking crazy, but like i said, i'm still not sure if i could even go through with it.

Old 2007-03-01, 01:01
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgrafcorex
so what kind of shit would i be getting myself into if i joined the corps? i have a 4 year degree, so i know i'd be an officer..but what kind of specifics would i be in for? i'm not really sure how serious i really am about it..but i have been thinking things lately and is "on the table" as an option. i know i'd have to quit smoking and would also start working out before jumping in...but i figured you'd (tm) know a bit more about the ins and outs than most..and i don't really feel like giving a recruiter my contact info heh. i was talking to one of my roommates (thedreadedspank) and he thinks i'm fucking crazy, but like i said, i'm still not sure if i could even go through with it.

Well i tell you what. Its less about working out and more about running. I'm not even gonna lie you're gonna have to get into shape for real to get through OCS. You also have to be able to endure alot of... mentally challenging things. Mentally in the sense that you will have to be able to push yourself past the hurt and the pain, but eventually it becomes second nature to never quit. Like quitting never being in your nature.

Also you don't go to a recruiter. You would have to talk to an officer recruiter. They're quite a bit different in nature than an enlisted recruiter i can tell you that right away.

Now this is the thing you gotta ask yourself. Do I want to lead marines? Its such a massive question and its the only question you can ask yourself if you want to be a marine officer. Its so geared around sacrificing yourself to give the others anything and everything that they need to be successful. Also unlike all the other service branches (From what i've seen) its such a lifestyle change that you know the motto "the change is forever" (btw thats another catch phrase the marines at least used to use, i thought htey didn't have any haha) but i must say the marine corps has changed me for the better in countless ways and even though sometimes it pisses me off more than anything ever, i'll never be able to regret my decision because of it.

I personally feel the marine corps has opened up my eyes in the ways of patience and personal appreciation that i didn't really deem important before. I mean i can go on and on about it, but just remember one thing, being a marine isn't a job nearly as much as joining a lifestyle and brotherhood where its a mere honor to join the same ranks as some of the people in the past. Unlike things i've believed my entire life, there IS inherent goods in tradition....

Old 2007-03-01, 14:28
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, i've got quite a ways to go as far as getting into shape and losing this beer belly go for sure. by hurt and pain you mean both physical and mental right? having met many marines, i think i could manage that part. some of the people i've met i never knew how they made it heh.

i never really thought about the leading marines part. honestly i hadn't really thought much about what i'd like to do in particular if i did join. just thought it would make a decent career (also a tradition in my family (well at least the military..not just marines)) and if i really hated it, i could get out after a few years.

the change in lifestyle is, i think, the biggest thing that i'm not sure about. i think it would do me some good, but just not sure if its something i want to do. maybe one of the other branches would be less of a "culture shock" i guess you could say.

right now i'm at a place that is growing and expanding..and i could very likely stay here and make a career out of it..but i really don't think i'd enjoy doing this type of work all my life. my degree is in graphic design which i still haven't found work with, but i haven't been keeping up on that stuff like i should. not that i hate doing it..but after i got out of school i said fuck this shit i'm taking a break. i haven't really picked it back up since for the most part. the thing about that stuff is that i enjoy doing it on my time or as a hobby..but once its work and doing this and that by such and such a date, it just doesn't seem as appealing. maybe i'd change my mind if i actually found a job in that field.

like i said..i still have no fucking clue what my plans are. i guess for now, work here till i find a gd job is what i'm looking at most likely, or stay here and see how this goes, or join the service and be an officer. pretty sure i wouldn't make it as a pilot ha.

Old 2007-03-01, 17:10
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

I thought about joining the French Foreign Legion at one time. I'd never have made it though because they don't feed people with high metabolisms like myself the way they should.

Old 2007-03-01, 17:16
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

lol Funny you mentioned food cuz I just packed off a box of Oreos and stuff to a friend's son in Iraq today. Maybe you should have looked somewhere besides the French Foreign Legion?

Old 2007-03-01, 18:30
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Well see this is the thing xgraf. Being an officer is so much than being enlisted its just apple to oranges. Like seriously. Unless you are a pilot you don't really do... like hands on job kind of stuff.

Its all about management and leadership vice, technical knowledge. So when you get your mos as an officer yes you go to 1 or even 2 mos schools in that field but i'm tellig you its not like... you go to work and you do intel stuff, or you shoot shells from artillery batteries and what not.

You gotta think of an officer as what it really is. A commander. Obviously the lesser of grade you are the more hands on you are with whatever mos you are assigned but its not like i think some people think. Oh its enlisted except you're higher rank and youg et paid more. Not even close. I say exception to pilots because even lt col and cols fly various planes. Hell when they aren't flying they are commander of different shops and what not. You could be a pilot and head of a logistics shop of the squadron or something.

So all i'm getting at by saying all this is don't think of an officer as doing something too much off leading, coordinating, managing, and taking care of marines/service members.

Oh and in response to your first post, trust me there are so many that shouldn't be there but are, and or you would't think they should be but are. This is the nature of nearly anything, as there is always people that get throught he cracks and what not. And also i think you're refering mostly to enlisted. Its not THAT hard to get through bootcamp. It just fucking sucks. You get trained to carry on and thats exactly what you do. Being an officer is slightly different but kind of hte same. Its a fairly long screening process by which at any moment you can quit. But like i've said before in my opinion OCS wasn't very hard (at least the first 6 weeks) and i've noticed that it doesn't matter what they throw at me i know i can either ackomplish it or beat myself to death trying and me not quitting.

But thats me.

Also there are benefits that officers get (at least in the marines) that is pretty kick ass. Such as the ability to get paid your rank and go to college to pick up a masters. How fucking cool is that.

Old 2007-03-01, 18:58
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, i have seen the difference in the two..officers/enlisted after living on a few marine bases. though i'd prefer something a little more hands on..

i guess for right now..i'm just at a point where i have to take a step in a certain direction..but first i must decide what direciton to go in. i would love to move around every few years again instead of sitting around in florida the rest of my life, and the benefits are awesome, but the lifestyle change is probably the main thing keeping me from really wanting to sign up. i have no clue what kind of area i'd like to work in if i was an officer (i know it would be behind a desk though ha) i guess i could talk to my dad about it a bit..he might have some idea. though i thought it would be funny as shit to watch my parents faint if i told them i joined the service since i had always said i would never join the military.

what about the other branches? officers pretty much play the same role across the board huh?

one thing i do know..if i did join, i'd become a huge alcoholic! all of my friends that joined and used to smoke just drink a lot now, and i already drink a lot haha.

Old 2007-03-03, 09:19
Soulinsane
Pirate Lawd

Quote:

one thing i do know..if i did join, I'd become a huge alcoholic! all of my friends that joined and used to smoke just drink a lot now, and i already drink a lot haha.

There might be a good reason why they do. You will see and learn things that will change your life. Drinking is an adjustment mechanism used to keep one from snapping at hippies that don't know better. It is an unhealthy habit, but drinking does works.

Old 2007-03-03, 14:56
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
yea, i have seen the difference in the two..officers/enlisted after living on a few marine bases. though i'd prefer something a little more hands on..

i guess for right now..i'm just at a point where i have to take a step in a certain direction..but first i must decide what direciton to go in. i would love to move around every few years again instead of sitting around in florida the rest of my life, and the benefits are awesome, but the lifestyle change is probably the main thing keeping me from really wanting to sign up. i have no clue what kind of area i'd like to work in if i was an officer (i know it would be behind a desk though ha) i guess i could talk to my dad about it a bit..he might have some idea. though i thought it would be funny as shit to watch my parents faint if i told them i joined the service since i had always said i would never join the military.

what about the other branches? officers pretty much play the same role across the board huh?

one thing i do know..if i did join, i'd become a huge alcoholic! all of my friends that joined and used to smoke just drink a lot now, and i already drink a lot haha.

Officers don't drink alot like you might think. I'm not saying they don't by anymeans.

But respects to other services you gotta think about their main mission and goal and thats how the differences will pan out to be. They still have the same "job" if not even MORE dissconnect to hands on. Marine Officers in my experience are much more hands on with their troops than the other services.

The other services appear to be more of a civilian job of management than the marines. Although the army might be similar to the marines.

Old 2007-03-03, 15:51
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

There's not too many other jobs that teach you how to kill, not get killed, and not get the ones that you eat and sleep with killed. That's a lot to comprehend for a peaceful culture.

Old 2007-03-03, 20:59
Dyvim Tvar
Supreme Metalhead

My joining the TA is gonna big a fairly big change in pace to my life, I'm still a bit nervous about it but it's gonna be great fun I think. Better than sat on my arse everyday of the week fucking with computers!
Shit, I wanted to do some active service in Bosnia but we're pulling out now, I'll have to go somewhere dangerous now!

Old 2007-03-03, 22:33
belphegor79
Supreme Metalhead

Quote:
lol Funny you mentioned food cuz I just packed off a box of Oreos and stuff to a friend's son in Iraq today. Maybe you should have looked somewhere besides the French Foreign Legion?

Yeah, but I probably wouldn't be where I'm at right now, you know college, my family etc. So everything works out as it should I guess.

Old 2007-03-05, 18:42
L,B'XXX
dsnt trust ne1 < 30

You're exactly right. Everything happens for a reason. And at least you don't look like this.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Bobatmoms.jpg

Poor walpurgis.

Old 2007-03-05, 18:59
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Watched the PBS special on the Marines. I definitely give it my seal of approval. Its well done and it does a good job of capturing my Marine Corps.

I definitely recommend Blizzard and Xgraf to watch it. It might be available to watch on the main pbs website, if not its definitely downloadable.

Old 2007-03-05, 19:06
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
Watched the PBS special on the Marines. I definitely give it my seal of approval. Its well done and it does a good job of capturing my Marine Corps.

I definitely recommend Blizzard and Xgraf to watch it. It might be available to watch on the main pbs website, if not its definitely downloadable.

I saw that the other week too, I watched damn near the whole thing. I thought of you.

Quote:
you done told me lots of thangs bout beer n shit and canada. have a grand ol cunt of a good time.

RIP moe.

Old 2007-03-05, 19:13
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBehemoth
I saw that the other week too, I watched damn near the whole thing. I thought of you.

You saw my OCS CO then aha. He talked nearly half the entire video. He was the older Col. who went through the little underwater concrete thing and ran with that kid until he finished. (BTW thats where i went this last summer)

I had a hard on the entire time watching the video. Like it said, being a marine isn't a job, its not just a career, its a life style. You can take a marine out of the Corps but you can't take the Corps out of the Marine. Hell my neighbor who i've mentioned a few times on here that went to Iraq 3 times and recently got out. Hes going back in, into the reserves haha. If i don't see this officer thing working out i think i'll probably stay in the reserves myself.

Old 2007-03-05, 20:00
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
You saw my OCS CO then aha. He talked nearly half the entire video. He was the older Col. who went through the little underwater concrete thing and ran with that kid until he finished. (BTW thats where i went this last summer)

Oh cool..kinda seemed like a hard ass but you could really tell he wanted to help these guys as much as possible. TEH QUIGL3Y.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-03-05, 21:13
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Quote:

Cool, I'll definitely watch it. It's not available on PBS' site, but there's a rip of it on mininova.org.

Old 2007-03-05, 21:36
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

thanks for the link blizzard..i'll download it tonight while i am sleeping.

tm is it a historical overview? or what?

also, another question about officers. what do they do when they first start? would i take some test like the asvab and see what my best placement would be?

Old 2007-03-06, 01:54
Bones98
Post-whore

I was an E2 in the US Air Force until I got relieved from my duties when the commander found out that I was late to work every other day.

OH and if you go to MEPS and swear in the first time, it does not mean that you are obliged to go to BMT (Basic Military Training). Just remember that when you change your mind about going to boot camp.

Old 2007-03-06, 01:58
Bones98
Post-whore

Also recruiters state that in their rules they are not allowed to lie, but fact is those fuckers lie left and right telling you will be successful from the training.

OHHH, if you see marine corp recruiter walking towards you, just walk away or pretend you speak some weird as fucking language or pretend you are deaf amute.

Old 2007-03-06, 02:15
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones98
Also recruiters state that in their rules they are not allowed to lie, but fact is those fuckers lie left and right telling you will be successful from the training.

OHHH, if you see marine corp recruiter walking towards you, just walk away or pretend you speak some weird as fucking language or pretend you are deaf amute.

Hes talking about being an officer. Which is a completely different ball field as far as recruiting goes..
But anyway

To BassB. Yeah that man is fairly tough but i tell you what hes one hardcore mother fucker. I'd follow him any day of the week. I've read his bio and hes said some things hes done before. Damn good marine thats for sure.

To xgraf. What do you mean? As in like... how do you start to become one or once you get commissioned whats next?

I'll answer the latter but if thats not right then just say so. When you get commissioned you then go to The Basic School. Its a 6 month school for teaching young officers how to be and act as an officer. They teach you everything from uniform regulations to how to properly eat and so on. They also teach you how to be a basic infantry officer, utilizing firecontrol and controlling of platoons. Everything here is graded. When you go in you chose a list i think of 25 MOSs you would possibly want to have and depending on class rank and the needs of the marine corps you will be selected to go to those schools and learn those MOSs. I've heard that if you do just regular on average you get at least your 3rd-5th pick. Which is good odds i would say myself. Obviously the kick ass MOSs get picked first so that effects things as well.

This is all for non pilot positions. With being a pilot most of the time people get guarrentteed flight contracts when they get comissioned in, so when everybody is picking an MOS you don't, because after leaving TBS you go to pennsacola for a chance at flight. And that goes pretty much the same way as far as picking airframe. You continue in different steps picking your different choices and depending on your class ranking and the needs of the marine corps they'll put you accordingly. I've heard sometimes if not everytime they do quality spread too. So obviously they don't put all the "worst pilots" in a certain airframe and all the best in one. (Need quality all around) so sometimes people in certain ranks still don't get their pick.

This is how the Marine Corps does it. Granted i'm sure the other services are very similar.

Old 2007-03-06, 03:50
BassBehemoth
Die Young.

Quote:
To BassB. Yeah that man is fairly tough but i tell you what hes one hardcore mother fucker. I'd follow him any day of the week. I've read his bio and hes said some things hes done before. Damn good marine thats for sure.

haha, he seems like the kind of guy that would resort to cannibalism or drink is own urine to survive. That part with the emptying of gym bags was JUST PLAIN MEAN.

I don't know if I could last that, hell...I couldn't even handle mustached fathers yelling at me in Scouts. lol.

Quote:

RIP moe.

Old 2007-03-06, 13:46
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, thats pretty much what i was wondering. i was thinking you had to go to school for a bit. i know my dad went to a few..war college and all that haha. do you know some of the more interesting MOSs? do most of them have to do with pr? i'm not the biggest people person so i probably wouldn't enjoy that kind of thing as much. any good sites i could go to and read a bit more?

i downloaded that movie last night..i forgot to make sure it was finished this morning..but it was going alright so it should be. probably try to watch it at lunch if its only about an hour, otherwise i'll check it out tonight.

edit...yea, so i'm retarded and shut down my computer last night while it was downloading. i guess i'll watch it later today after work.

Last edited by xgrafcorex : 2007-03-06 at 17:18.

Old 2007-03-06, 19:04
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

BassB. Yeah i definitely look up to that Colonel for sure. Getting yelled at isn't that bad really. There is a difference between being yelled at because you're in a pickup status and they're yelling at everyone, and somebody you know well and personal yelling at you. Trust me. Big big difference.

Xgraf what is PR? Personal Relations? There are all sorts of cool MOSs. Hell if you want to see action join the Infantry. As an officer you are tasked with completing first and fore most the mission. Everything is geared around completetion of the mission. Doing that also by leading from the front.

I would refer you to something to read if i thought there was actually something out there worth reading. But i dont know of any really. I would ask your dad more about it, although its been a very very long time since he was a young officer, and i'm sure thats more of the information you need than a high ranking officer. (As that would be years beyond years down the road and what they do is although similar much more global in scope)

Old 2007-03-06, 20:42
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

yea, i basically just mean anything in regards to personel. aka speeches, dealing with lots of people..sometimes even the press. i guess i'd have to take some kind of public speaking class in that school for officers. i hate that shit.

as for places to read..i don't know any either. i didn't really search, but i'm kinda thinking most of it is either not very specific, or made to sound or seem more enticing for potential new marines.

i guess what bugs me about the whole office thing is that i work in an office now...my last job was in an office too. i just don't want to do this kind of work the rest of my life. if i were to make enough, i could deal with it i suppose..but its just not that great. having the internet handy is nice though ha.

when i think about the marines, i don't think about as much of the behind the scenes office duties and whatnot. i think of training in the field, shooting at the range, things like that. not that i think its all fighting wars and the glory afterwards... i just would want something that is somewhat exciting to do if i joined the military. the pay being higher for officers is a plus, but i could smoke weed and work in an office without joining the service.

Old 2007-03-06, 21:25
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Well once again you gotta ask yourself what is important to you. If you hold smoking weed on such a pedalstle that its important enough to make career decisions then well go with that.

You'll still do all that kind of stuff but you'll be doing alot of planning and dealing with staff NCOs. But then again you have alot of ... "freedom" on how things are run. Which for a person like me is a fucking must. I can't stand being at the bottom of the pole to the point where i know i'm way fucking smarter/knowledgeable than them yet they are over me. I know its sitll like that in the officer ranks, but i know i'm DEFINITELY making a serious impact. And to me thats pretty important.

Being an officer is not for everyone. And you must definitely take in the fact that, that is what officers do. They motivate, the guide, they lead by example, they are pure role models for those under them to follow. The best officers are the ones like Col. Chase in that video that i was saying to bassb. Where you are like damn i want to be him.

I wouldn't say speeches moreover talking to your men. There is a HUGE difference ha. Its just disseminating your goals and where you intend the unit to go.

There is something very "magical" about it. I think. haha

Old 2007-03-06, 21:44
Requiem
Post-whore

We had a recruiter come to our school today. I'm becoming very interested in joining the military.

Old 2007-03-07, 06:10
tmfreak
Slayer of dumb cunts

Quote:
We had a recruiter come to our school today. I'm becoming very interested in joining the military.

There are very good benefits especially those outside of the most obvious. I feel i've learned and gained much more than i'll ever be able to reproduce and give back. I think the most important thing as it regards to thinking about service, is thinking deep inside, realizing what you want and applying it to your life. Thinking past, present and the future.

Like i've said, even if things turn sour i will never regret my decision for the rest of my life.

Old 2007-03-07, 14:40
xgrafcorex
Post-whore

that film was pretty badass. i might order a copy for my dad, its his bday this friday.

so what happens if you fail to be selected from ocs? they said you don't get a second chance, but is that it? you are out of the marines for good? or can you switch over to enlisted? (even if you have to go to basic)

as of right now i don't think i have all the qualities of a leader..some i guess, but definitely not all. i suppose i could learn/be trained and then do it but who knows.

Old 2007-03-07, 14:48
blizzard_beast
Post-whore

Just watched the documentary. Pretty cool, though I would've preferred more focus on training experiences, rather than the pretty self-explanatory Marine ethos.